Chapter 21

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dan Heng's POV
Returning to my home world... is actually against my wishes. Everything that surrounded my past incarnation, the former High Elder, still plagued me...

I, a wanderer, once meant to be permanently exiled, have returned to the Luofu. I'm determined to face my past, and have invited (M/N) to join me, to keep me company and to support me from behind, in meeting the current Luofu High Elder of the Vidyadhara.

I... honestly never expected to talk much about my own affairs. But with (M/N) by my side, then maybe... just maybe... I can do this with less anxiety...

With my hand in his, we made our way to Synwood Pavilion. There we see a green cladded female vidyadhara waiting for my, now our, arrival. When she sensed our presence, she turned around with a polite smile, yet she was also surprised that I have company.

"Good afternoon, Master Dan Heng. I have delivered the missive about the meeting. So far, do you have any questions?"

I slowly let go of (M/N)'s hand, already yearning for his warmth but resisted, and replied with "I know all that I wish to know. Thank you, Miss Huanxi."

The woman shook her head softly. "You need not address me as "Miss" - I am but one of Miss Bailu's maids. Then again, if I may be so bold as to make a humble request..."

I nodded. "Go ahead."

"... But before this goes ahead..." Miss Huanxi's eyes met (M/N)'s. "Who might this be?"

The raven haired gave the female a polite bow. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance. The name's (M/N), a close friend of Dan Heng's."

Miss Huanxi's gaze hardened. "I'm speaking with Master Dan Heng. I apologise, but I'm afraid this doesn't involve you - Please take your leave."

'How dare she talks like that to my (M/N)!'

I gave the maid a cold glare. "I'm the one who invited him to join me. (M/N) is a... dear friend of mine, and I've invited him to bear witness. Please treat him as you would me," my gaze turned neutral. "Now, what was your request?"

Miss Huanxi remained silent by my statement before saying with a serious look "Then, I hope you don't plan on meeting with Miss Bailu."

Her statement made me suspicious of her and just when I was about to ask for her explanation, I felt a hand on my back. My gaze went to the golden eyed male as he looked at Miss Huanxi with interest. "Care to elaborate?"

'It seems that he's suspicious of her as well...'

"Please, hear what I have to say, for I have good reason to be concerned. Perhaps you should know that Miss Bailu's path to becoming a High Elder was neither in compliance with proper protocol nor of her own volition - everything was a result of the stubbornness of her predecessor - Dan Feng. His hubris and tyranny brought about the end of the Luofu's High Elder succession," Miss Huanxi explained.

"The Preceptors heard of Master Dan Heng's return, and were uncertain whether it constituted good or ill fortune. However, many have surmised that the Luofu's High Elder succession tradition will soon be back in force. If true, that is indeed something worth celebrating," the female added.