43. moon 🌙

——

November 10, 2002
Orlando, Florida, USA
6:35 PM

——

Clay frowned up at the sky, his chubby little three-year old face making it seem cuter rather than sad. His mother giggled, and he looked at her. 

"Moon," he said, pointing up at the crescent moon hanging in the sky. 

"Yeah," his mother said gently. "That's the moon."

He looked back up at it. "Is it sleeping?"

His mother chuckled. "Maybe," she said. The camera in her hands was pointed at him, recording the whole thing. She had filmed several little moments like these, and had done the same for his 6 year old sister. She'd do the same for his little sibling, who was due within the next few months. 

Clay huffed, gaze still turned up to the sky. "Moon!" he exclaimed, reaching a hand up to his face to scratch his temple. "Wake up!" 

When the moon didn't immediately wake up, he looked up at his mother sadly. She smiled and turned the camera up to show the moon hanging in the sky, past the tops of trees and into the soft blue of the sky. It was a small shape on the screen of the camera, but visible. 

"It didn't wake up," Clay whined. 

"Maybe it's too tired," his mother offered, turning the camera back to him. "Maybe we should let it sleep, okay?"

She turned the camera off and held out a hand. Clay looked back up at the moon, but took her hand and followed her back inside the family home. 

——

November 10, 2002
London, England, Great Britain
11:35 PM

——

George was dreaming. It wasn't anything special, just whatever six-year-olds dreamt about. 

Then he wasn't. 

He blinked awake, unsure of why he woke up. His mother had carried him to bed a few hours ago after he had fallen asleep while watching a show with his older brother and sister. He had spent the day exhausted, and he never woke up randomly during sleep; his parents could testify. 

But he had woken up. He had felt the need to do so, but was too tired to wonder why. He sat up in bed, his little sister fast asleep across the room in her own bed. He rubbed his eyes and reached blindly for his nearest stuffed toy; he found a blue dinosaur he had gotten only 10 days ago for his sixth birthday. He clutched it to his chest as he lay back down, closing his eyes to drift back off to sleep. 

——

"Moon! Wake up!"

——

dream <3: [Attachment: 1 video]

dream <3: wake up

dream <3: god I'm struggling editing this video I haven't cried this much in so long

——

George huffs, reaching for his phone. His hand smacks the corner of the bedside table and he winces. He finds it and unlocks it, opening messages. Dream texted him, first at 2:37, then at 2:48, then at 3:01. It's now 3:13.

He groans, rolling onto his back. He's exhausted. He stayed up until 6 am editing, because Dream made him, and planned to sleep all day. Guess he's not doing that.