25. infinity

Meet Up AU
This is a part 2 to my oneshot "Jenny," requested by @Watermark1234 
After the stunt Dream pulled on TikTok, the internet was broken. There were thousands of theories, edits, fanarts, questions -- but somehow, George didn't think it was enough. So, naturally, he caused more uproar with the DNF ship, in the most drastic way possible. [fluff, lime]

Everywhere George went on social media, he saw the TikTok. Every time he checked his notifications, it was more tags in fanart, edits, other random posts -- but something still itched. You know those itches where you can't exactly figure out where to scratch? That's what is was for George.

But he didn't spend time figuring it out. He only had two more weeks in Florida, and he intended on spending every second of it with his friends. Dream and Sapnap had taken him everywhere they could where they wouldn't get recognized so Dream wouldn't have to pull a Ranboo. However, when they went to Disney World -- despite their protests, Dream still came -- he did have to pull on a face mask and glasses.

Thankfully they weren't recognized. 

Nights were spent battling it out in Mario Kart and Fortnite, unless one of them decided to stream. On George's eighth night, Sapnap had face cam on, and he and Dream snuck in, the blond covered with the sheet from the infamous Halloween family photos. Somehow their friend didn't notice them, despite chat's screaming, and they scared the shit out of him before escaping back to Dream's room. 

Speaking of the two, they hadn't made any further attempts to discuss the video, or what they had admitted. They simply left it at that, which George was alright with. He just wanted to hang out with his best friend. 

Five days before George's flight back home, the time had come. It had been planned. The fandom knew. And Dream's main Twitch stream with a "stream soon" screen had over 1 million viewers. He had taken top Twitch viewers -- so many on one stream almost had the website breaking, but it was functioning enough that they could do it.

Can you guess what was about to happen?

As Revived by Derivakat started playing, Dream pulled on his smile mask, the one he had in the background of the video. It seemed he had trouble forgetting that day; how George smiled, how George looked, how George stepped closer, how George looked like he couldn't breathe when Dream backed away. He desperately wanted to return to the first day George arrived in Florida and relive it all, but he had to focus.

He was about to face reveal. 

He was nervous. With how much he had said he didn't care, he still kind of did. He still kind of wanted to stay anonymous -- faceless. He liked seeing how fanartists depicted him without knowing what he actually looked like. 

But cancelling would probably look bad. 

"Dude," Sapnap said, clapping his shoulder, "we'll be right here. Don't stress."

George nodded as he finished up something on the stream set up. "If you want to quit, we can just make a joke out of it."

Dream shook his head. "Thanks but no thanks. I'll be fine. I have you guys."

Sapnap looked like he had just smelled a fart. He bursted out laughing. "I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously when you're wearing that damn thing."

"I'm unmuting, I'm unmuting!" George cried. Dream took a deep breath. George unmuted the mic. "Hey, chat!" George said in a high-pitched voice. "Hello!"

"What up, y'all?" Sapnap asked, moving to stand behind George. "It is time!"

Dream raised the mask and put it on top of his head as he watched George fiddle with the camera angle. He smiled. His best friend was so pretty.