40| Suspicion

"I have a question"

Aria looked up from the kitchen stool at Abigor who came out with a towel wrapped around his strong waist while he dried his hair with another one.

"Hm?" she managed to whisper out while blushing and looking down at her newspaper.

Abigor smirked a little at her response as he took long powerful strikes towards her and took a seat at the stool beside her.

"Did the attacks happen before yesterday?" he asked with seriousness lacing his face as Aria frowned.

She folded the newspaper neatly and kept it away as she turned towards Abigor, giving him her full attention "Not before yesterday, no. It was the first attack from Silverio"

Abigor put his fisted hand under his chin as his eyebrows furrowed "There should be no way for him to track you down"

"I was wondering this yesterday too" she agreed as she continued "Keeping my location private was my top priority, even Sylvia doesn't know. I have never felt someone following me, but the attack yesterday was so sudden as if they already knew where to find me"

"It cannot be the bodyguards, whether yours or mine" he mumbled, while thinking hard as he stared at the raindrops against his huge windows.

"Why? They are most susceptible to bribes or threats, to reveal information" her question made his gaze fall back on her.

"All your bodyguards and mine are dead. He is not that big of a fool to kill off his only insider" his words hung in the air as Aria nodded slowly while he continued "Besides there was no way he could have found you, much less your bodyguards"

"Then how?"

Abigor gave out a sigh as he ran his tatted through his thick dark air "It's got to be someone close, who is still alive"

Aria hummed in discomfort, she didn't like where it was going. But she knew it was the only possible explanation.

Someone had outed her, and she would never forgive that person.

"All the people who knew about you were my bodyguards and my driver, and they are all dead" he murmured "Except Karl"

Aria's eyes widened "You cannot possibly think-"

Abigor raised a single finger, silencing her promptly "I'm not finished"

She exhaled deeply, while biting her lower lip, keeping herself from shouting at him.

"Same goes for you, all your bodyguards are dead. Be it present or past"

"What about the ones I fired before" she questioned as Abigor cracked his neck while closing his eyes.

"I killed them" he mumbled "I knew a day like this would come and I didn't want any loose ends"

Aria looked at him in awe. He was always a few steps ahead of her, his mind was genius and his hands were deadly.

He wore the smell of murder like perfume and peculiarly, she was oddly addicted to it.

Maybe she was a little disturbed.