37| Veiled Past - 3

Aria's footsteps echoed inside the main mansion of the Spanish mafia, her eyes scanning around the vast expanse and the patio swing hanging lonely in the backyard.

It had been almost a year since she got together with Salvador. She couldn't kill him all this time as he would always have guards standing outside their meeting spot.

He would never even sleep in and would always slip away before the night got darker.

Yes, Aria had underestimated his intellect. He was quite careful around everyone and the rumors had turned out to be a little exaggerated about his incompetence.

Meanwhile, Aria had been successful in stringing him along. Even though she wouldn't let him go past kissing; he had been quite attached to her.

She knew he had a lot of side pieces but she could care less about it and decided to act oblivious about it.

After almost a year of dating him, did he trust her enough to bring her to the main mansion. It was quite an achievement because from what she had heard, none of his previous girlfriends or the girls in the side had ever made it this far.

Maybe he would lay his guard down and stop bringing bodyguards when they are alone so she could kill him peacefully and disappear from this place.

On the other hand, Kahlil was one step ahead of her. He had already infiltrated the mansion and worked in the security department of the mafia.

Ironic.

He knew the mansion like the back of his hand and a few secret routes, especially in Salvador Paulo's bedroom for easy access in times of need.

"Come on babe, let's introduce you to my brother"

Salvador said as he placed a hand on her lower back, walking her along the stoned pathway that led inside the main mansion.

Aria gave him a fake smile and squeezed his upper arm in appreciation. It was the moment she had been dreading for the past year, meeting his older brother, Silverio Paulo.

She had heard that he was smarter than his younger brother and could possibly see through her facade. But she felt a little confident under her burqa, she knew Salvador wouldn't let anyone see her face under it.

She had Salvador wrapped around her little finger, even his closest bodyguards didn't know what she looked like.

"Please wait here" A bodyguard stopped them from going inside Silverio's safe haven as both Aria and Salvador's steps halted.

"I don't think he'd like me," Aria said with fake concern as her gaze followed the bodyguard's huge frame disappearing into the dark room, possibly to let his boss know about their presence.

Salvador's hand squeezed her waist and Aria bit her lower lip to suppress the cry of pain. He was deliberately pressing on her bruise which he had graciously put on her. Him being wrapped around her finger didn't mean that he wouldn't raise his hands on her.

He used every opportunity to, put her in her place, as he would say. Aria kept quiet and endured it, vowing in her heart to make him pay for all of it.

"Baby, it'll be ok" he hummed, kissing the top of her clothed face "My brother can be a little tough but he'll love you."

Aria nodded.

"You, on the other hand" he started again as she raised her head to look at him "Keep your mouth shut and don't let him see your face"

She smirked. His possessiveness had really come in handy. She didn't have to request him to not show her face, he ordered her not to do it.