39 - Taylor Johnson

(Mark and Diana Valentine btw)
((they're still dead))

natalie

I don't know why I'm so nervous.

The whole bus ride, I was fidgeting. Ruby kept asking me if I was alright and I had to say yes.

We've been practicing everyday for the last week. Twice a day. I went on extra runs in the evenings when I got home. Mackenzie was mad at how late I was staying out.

I just really need to be ready for this.

"And from Creighton Prep in Roger's City! The Mustangs!" The announcer waited for the yelling to die down and continued, "Tonight's special for a few of our Seniors. This is their 4th state championship in a row!" He waited again, "I have 6 seniors to introduce this evening."

I waited patiently for my turn. He wasn't calling us in order.

I looked at myself in the mirror Elliot was holding.

"You look great. Eye black looks great. New uniform looks great. Stop stressing." She pat my shoulders.

"And last but certainly not least, their senior captain, 3 time state winning champion, Natalie Matthews!"

The crowd got louder as I ran onto the field, standing next to Ruby.

We got new uniforms just for state. They're nice. White though. They're a bit skimpy but what kind of women's uniform would it be without showing some ass?

We waited as the other team was introduced like us. A little less impressive because they aren't on a winning streak. But that could change tonight.

I scanned for Mackenzie in the crowd. It wasn't hard spotting her seeing as my entire friend group was wearing white and red. Dad and Jackson had face paint on. Mackenzie was wearing my other uniform, the number 13 painted on her face. Alex had 6 on his. Ruby's number.

They're in the front of the student section. Which was also filled with people rocking our schools colors. Our lacrosse team was a big deal. A 3 time state winning streak. People love winning. So they love us.

Windsor scored the first 3 points which was a hard blow against us.

But Elliot is really good at defense so we switched her with Stella.

We scored 3 goals.

It switched off between us until both teams were sweating, tired, and tied 11-11.

"Okay listen up. 2 minutes left. We can't fakie this because they'll see right through it." I looked at Elliot then around the rest of the circle, "Everyone on defense, lock together. Everyone not on defense, you're a striker. Aim for the goal. Play rough. Don't be afraid to get these uniforms a little dirty. I can't break my winning streak now."

Everyone nodded.

"Okay good. Mustangs on three. 1! 2! 3!"

"Mustangs!" Everyone chanted together.

We made our way to the field.

I put my mouthguard in and stood up against number 19 for Windsor while we waited for the refs to finish talking.

She smirked at me, "You're Natalie Matthews?"

"Yeah?" I furrowed my eyebrows together. I don't recognize this girl. How could I? She's from the other side of Michigan. I've only heard stories of their team. How much they cheat and how much they want to win.

"Heard you used to date Taylor?"

My stomach dropped. How could she know that?

"She's in the stands. Number 11 back there," She nodded behind her to a girl standing a few feet away, "is fucking her."