Chapter 52: Lick On The Face

(Sheea's POV)

Strange! This whole family is strange! Literally the whole tribe is strange!

Or how could such strange people exist here who are getting away from the main topic?

My patience is not infinite but limited! And I'm losing it now!

The pitter-patter went on for quite a while, until (thankfully) all of them became so hungry that they had to quit the 'meeting' in the middle.

And since the meeting wasn't 'complete' yet all decide to eat all together. Like really....

Well, whatever, I simply went along to get free food.

Simon brought us to a open place where many shallow pits were dug and firewoods were already kept at the side.

The Beasts themselves got divided into groups and busied themselves in their respective works.

Lisa had initially wanted me and my mates to join her, but she was 'lovingly' dragged away by her mates.

And hell I would sit with her. She had so many males... more than 20, I guess. It would become really awkward for me to free load.

At least with my four mates and no one else to bother us, I could be me and do whatever I wanted.

We chose a far away corner (as many eyes were still watching me like hawks), but nearer to Lisa's group (as the number of her mates could shield me and my group from other's eyes).

We came to a tactic understanding, as Kevi went to bring the remaining hunt from our little cave (since, we're from same territory, Simon didn't give us the meat but distribute it to the other leaders and their soldiers, boohoo! But my mind got its mental peace as Lisa started to ignore him for neglecting us. Hehe!)

Kyle was responsible for lighting the fire and looking after the fire. Len would help Jemin by handing him the necessary seasonings and went to their inhabitant (the cave he and Jemin used to live) to get the seasonings. (Len is actually the biggest foodie ever.)

Jemin would cook.

And me... hehe! I would sit, watch them work, eat the food, smile and pass comments. Oh! So much of work! Sigh!

Still, one should never underestimate Jemin's talent in cooking. He's so good. I didn't even need to tell him what to do or how to, he would bring out the best of the bestest taste in the cooked meat.

But one thing was the problem. There's only meat, meat and meat. I need veggies too, or perhaps eggs, or fish.... (T_T)

"Is there any problem with the food, Sheea?"

Jemin's voice rang in my ears as I looked up and saw others looking at me too.

With a slight smile, I shook my head, "No... Nothing."

"Really? You sighed for four times already!" Len said as he looked at me with a deep gaze.

Kyle shifted by my side as his tail started to rub my back, "What happened?"

"Areey, it's nothing guys. It's just that.. oh wait!" Suddenly it struck me as I looked at Jemin with twinkling eyes and called him in a musical tone, "Jemin~?"

"Ye- yes, Sheea?" I saw his cheeks getting dyed with colour red.

"You're a bear, right?"

"Ye-yes. Why?"

"Then you probably know how to catch fish, right?"

He nodded as his blush from earlier was replaced by a confused look.