Chapter 44: Who Are 'They'?

Sheea's POV
_____________

"What?"
(Kyle looked at me with wide eyes, making my consciousness twitched as I almost screamed 'You also used this crystal in another time line, stupid' but I couldn't.)

"What?"
(Kevi asked with a frown and a serious face)

"What?"
(Jemin asked in monotonous voice as he tapped his fingers on his thigh. Deep in thought.)

"WHAAAAT?"
(Len will be Len. Always overdramatic for which he got an eye roll from me.)

"You mean that it's a crystal made of blood to bring destruction and bad luck?"

"Twenty years! This takes twenty years of nourishment and care with fresh blood?! It's so... I don't know the proper words to say I'm feeling."

"And what's more! That bloody hell of a thing needs a group of five to six people to curse daily on it. This sounds so disgusting and creepy!"

"And what's more.. that is made from the blood of three ancient beasts? You mean any beast like us?! What were they thinking when making such a thing?!"

"Of course they were thinking of destruction or what else? But still I can't believe it! If someone touches it, he'll go berserk and will lost his rationality?! Does anything like that even exist? Are you kidding me?"

"Hey, why will my mate joke with you? This is a serious thing! My mate is serious."

"Shut up, Kyle. I wasn't doubting our mate. I was just stating my confusion."

"Who are you calling 'Our Mate'? Sheea hasn't accepted you yet! Get lost, Len."

"You-"

"Be serious. You can continue your squabble later," Kevi said in a slow serious tone, making both the guys (I mean Shans) stop.

For the first time I had seen Kevi serious like this. Even when he's sitting opposite to me at the moment, I suddenly felt so little in front of him. His aura, his demeanor had long changed into a monarch like appearance, the moment I disclosed the secret of Tana.

Moreover, this cave felt so little in his presence.

"Will you explain everything in details once again? I still couldn't figure it out if this thing is really as bad as you're saying. Because this is something leaders of the tribe came up with and we can't just ignore it. And the process of making it is so messy and troublesome," Jemin said in all seriousness.

Kevi slowly nodded his head as he looked at me straight into my eyes, "Yeah... I think so too. If anyone wants to destroy something, why will they go to such lengths? Can't they just attack the tribe and loot? Won't that be easy?"

"Yes! That's the point! And another point. If this thing is that bad, why is that crystal trading taking place in the first place? And there's no news till now that those who bought the crystals are losing their rationality. I think you don't know anything about- ow ow ow ow! Hey Kyle, are you crazy? Why are you hitting me?"

"You're the crazy one, Len. I didn't hit you!"

"That punch was from me."

All of them turned towards me with round eyes having a big question mark. Well, I could understand their concerns. Afterall, how can someone who is sitting in front of you, hit you at your back?

Hehe... but I'm a human evolved to witch! My brain works more than my other body parts.

I looked straight into Len's eyes as I placed the other half burnt wood back to the fire. Earlier I had picked a long burning wood that broke to two in instant. I showed them the wood intentionall while placing it back.