Chapter 26: No One To Share My Happiness

(The Owner Of The Green Eyes)
_________________

Living a life of an outcast and abandoned beast, since young is never easy for any beast, in this world.

Since, my birth, I was abandoned by my mother. It was already a blessing, that I could at least move and see after a few seconds of my birth.

And so I know, how it feels like to live on after hiding from all of my enemies.

It was the unspoken and understanding rule of this world that I had learnt just after my birth:

You need to kill others to survive or get killed to make others survive on You.

I had always been wondering why my life was like that.... Wherever I go, beasts either would come to kill me marking me as dangerous or try to hunt me down for my meat.

But slowly, as I grew up, I understood the world more and more.

Beasts like us, who in their beast form crawl on their chest or have strong tail, by birth, for their defense, are outlasted and abandoned by the other territorial beasts.

As our way of mating are different fron them. It was in our nature that we force ourselves on the opposite gender even when they get exhausted and sometimes, they even get killed by us during the process of union.

And most of all, we have a habit of hiting the back of our mate with our strong, sharp pointed tail during that process.

Since, the Shashas are already a rare occurrence in this world, they are highly protected by their respective tribes. And if they are killed by someone, either a friend or foe, either by mistake or intentionally, then it's taken as a grave crime.

A sin with redemption!

So, to have safe guard since the beginning, we are outcasted just like that.

The surprising thing that I discovered, was that we, the abandoned beasts hardly conceive a Shasha from our beast group.

And even when, a Shasha from the outcasts beasts were born, she faces too much of a difficulty to give birth. And since, their bodies are stronger than the other Shashas who were protected well in the tribes, they hardly attract any mate to take in her harem.

Even the outcasts don't give a look to that Shasha's direction and disdain that type the most.

So, God-knows since when, a rumour had started to spread, that if a Shasha is born from an outcasts beast, it's taken as a bad luck to that beast couple. And it was better to kill that cub before it grows up.

And in my case, I'm a green a snake with golden green eyes.

I didn't know what kind of beast I was since the past 8 years as I was too small to go near the big pool of water and see my reflection.

I was scared at first as I used to thought that I would drown in it. This fear was imprinted in me since the day I saw a deer animal drowning in it. At that time, I hadn't realized tgat ir was being dragged down by the crocodile beast. Now as I recalled those memories, my head would clear up slowly.

So, when I was 8 and had grown enough to support more than half of my body on the land and a small part, yet a large one, I had mustered up my courage to see my true form.

At first, I was doubtful of my assumption if I would grow limbs after a certain time, since I was confused by the Lizard beast types.

When I wasn't 8 yet, I world go the water filled areas to quench my thirst with some water, I would always look at those golden green eyes of mine in the water. The reflection of my eyes would stare straight back at me and I could see that my face was also sharp like those Lizard beasts.

But after I turned 17, all of my doubts left me as I got my first enlightenment and changed to my two-legged form like those territorial beasts, who can do it just after a year or two of their birth.

I had heard from those beasts, who would come to hunt in the forest, that this two-legged form is the purest form of all beasts.

The living beings of this world, who had done a great job in their lives, would reincarnate as beasts in their next life. Whether its an animal, bird, insects, plants or anything else.

And having the two-legged form makes the beasts' lives easy, as they can freely give and take access to and from their brain. They can even communicate with other beasts of different formation.

After hearing them and seeing my change of state, I felt so glad and proud of myself. I wanted to boost that feeling to someone, but only then did I realized a sudden emptiness inside of me.

I... I had no one to share my happiness with!

But I quickly tried to shake away those thoughts. I had been living my life alone since my birth. So having someone by my side wasn't something normal to me.

I had thought that it was the words of those hunter beasts that brought such an effect in me. So, I decided to shift to another place and continue living my life.

That thought had never crossed my mind that the emptiness that I had started to feel since then was a normal thing for every Shan who needed to find a partner as quickly as possible after stepping in their 16.

I only got to know that news, when I was 32. But strangely, my body had become to react abnormally by that time.

It was as if I needed something to vent my emotions and the growing thing inside of me wanted to come out, by making pores on my body.

And it started to get worse whenever I smelled any Shasha nearby. I was scared of myself by then. I really didn't want to become like those outcast beasts of the stories who force themselves on a weak Shasha and reluctantly make her their mates.

I wanted to be looked lovingly by my mate and I wanted to be her source of happiness instead of pain.

So, I started to injure myself by crashing againsts the wall of a cave and the thick branches of the trees, so that I could cover the abnormal feeling inside my body with my pain.

And then, when I could feel nothing but only pain, I decided to go back to my cave to take a long, peaceful rest. I had thought that it would help me to cool my emotions further.

Perhaps it would have worked, but just when I was about to close my eyes, I heard a soft voice yelling for help which was growing louder and louder with each passing moment.

That voice seemed to be getting closer to the cave, and it sounded so desperate, weak and fatigue.

And I could immediately tell that the owner of that soft voice was in danger. In a typical danger!