Chapter 31

We finished eating soon and started to drive to the mental facility.

It didn't take us long and we reached our destination after a few minutes.

I got out and made my way to the front desk. Andrea and David waited outside as they knew that they wouldn't be any help at the moment.

"Hello I am Anastasia. You called us about Titus not eating and I'm here to help."

The man looked up and gave me a small smile before telling me to wait a moment.

Another worker came to the front desk and introduced herself as Tabea. She took me with her to his room and gave me a tray with some food before letting me enter the room. As expected, he was sitting there with the hoodie in his arms and the sketchbook lying on his lap. His gaze shot up and his eyes widened when he noticed that it was me. He shot up from his bed and almost ran into my arms. I was able to put the food on the table before he reached me and pulled me into his arms.

I hugged him back and calmed him down for a few minutes. His face was buried in my neck as he hugged me which meant that I was able to look over his shoulder.

A girl was sitting on the second bed with a bill in her hands. I gave her a small smile before tiring my attention back to Titus

"Let's sit down, okay?"

He lowered his head before walking to the bed. He never let go of my right hand as if to make sure that I wouldn't leave. I was able to grab the tray before he pulled me down on the bed with him. He was leaning against the headboard and I was about to sit down next to him when he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me on his lap. My hands were gripping his shoulders, steadying myself before letting go to reach for the food. I put the plate with Spaghetti Carbonara on my lap and took the fork and spoon to roll them up. Then, I started my task and tried to get him to eat.

At first, he leaned back and refused to open his mouth, his eyes closing. I immediately put the spoon down and took his face in my hands, stroking his cheeks. Titus leaned in and let me caress his face, enjoying the feeling of my hands on his cheeks. Leaning forwards, I kissed his forehead and gave him a peck on his lips.

"I know that you can do it. I'm here and I'll tell them that you feel better in my presence, okay?"
He nodded his head slowly before leaning his head back so that it was resting against his bed.

I took the spoon in my right hand again and slowly started to feed him. It was a slow progress but it worked out. Halfway through the amount of food that he normally ate, there was a knock on the door. Titus stopped chewing and looked up, waiting for the door to open. Tabea came inside and gave us a small smile before walking up to his bed. He reached around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest.

"Is it working?" said Tabea quietly to make sure not to scare him by accident.

I nodded my head yes and tried to continue to feed Titus. He had to eat more as he refused to eat much in the last few days. Ignoring the worker, I took his chin into my hand and turned his head into my direction so that his eyes were focused on mine. When he looked into them, I brought the spoon to his mouth. After hesitating for a moment, he gave in and let me feed him for some time.

When he didn't open his mouth anymore, he had already eaten more than he did ever before which made me proud. I immediately sat the spoon down without trying to convince him to eat one more spoon as I usually did.

I didn't even notice that Tabea had left the room as my focus was on Titus which I was completely fine with.

"How about I'll ask them how long I can stay and how often I'll be allowed to visit you in the next few days?"