Chapter 2

After school, I decided to stop at the library to read for an hour or two. The library wasn't big but wasn't tiny either. It was quiet and almost empty like I expected it to be. I walked to the fantasy section and picked out a book before sitting down on a comfortable bean bag. I was a few pages into the book when I heard something falling down. My eyes immediately looked around until I saw Titus sitting on the ground, looking as if he was about to pass out.

I ran up to him and crouched down to help him.

"Titus, stay with me. Please stay awake."

I touched his shoulder which made him flinch. I removed my hand immediately and started to ask him questions to distract him from fearing me. I had no idea what I was doing but I had the feeling that his body was about to shut down because of lack of water. food or sleep.

After remembering that I had a Capri Sun in my bag, I ran to my backpack and put the straw into the hole for him.

"Drink that. I think it will help a little."

He only nodded his head, slowly drinking a few sips from it.

He looked a little bit better now but still not fine.

"Can I call someone to pick you up? I guess they could help you more than I can."

His eyes were half-closed but he still nodded his head before pointing his finger at the backpack which was lying next to him. I opened the bag and found his phone after some time. Trying to open it, I was met with a lock screen that indicated that you either needed a password or a fingerprint.

I chose the second option and used his finger to unlock it. After searching in his contacts and not finding something like 'mom' or 'dad', I instead found only four contacts. Knowing that I needed to act as soon as possible, I called the first number in hopes of reaching a person that could help.

"Hey, Titus. What's wrong? You never called me before so what is happening? Just try to tell me somehow"

"Hey. I am not Titus. It is Anastasia. I need your help because Titus is about to pass out and I don't know what to do. Could you pick him up, please?"

The voice on the other end was quiet for a second before responding.

"Sure, where is he at the moment?"

"We are in the Library of our school."

"I'll be there in ten"

He hung up before I could say anything back.

I looked up at Titus and saw him look at me. As long as he was looking at me, he was at least conscious.

Not even ten minutes later, a man came running into the library, searching for us. When he saw me, he came to us and crouched down beside me, checking up on Titus.

"Thank you so much for staying with him."

"No problem"
He turned his attention back to Titus and started to talk to him. After some time, he helped him up and said bye before making his way out of the library. I followed after them with my backpack and walked up to my motorcycle. Driving home, my thoughts were still occupied with him.

A/N Here is another short chapter for you guys

Let me know in the comments if you like the characters so far and what you think of the story in general

<3

~E