Chapter 22

POV Andrea

We just reached our home again after spending the evening with Martin and Leah.

David went to our room and I would follow soon but I wanted to check up on the kids first.

I made my way upstairs, soon being able to see that his door wasn't closed and the light was on.

I made sure to be quiet as I didn't want to disturb them. When I reached the door, I looked inside and what I saw made me smile from ear to ear. They were dancing around, smiles on their faces. It was unusual for him to smile so it made me even happier to see him like that. Anastasia was an angel. She was able to save his life without even trying and.

The song ended which made them stop, still not parting. Leaning in, they kissed each other which made my heart melt. There was so much passion in that kiss and I was about to turn away when I heard three words that made me stop.

"I love you"

There were so many emotions hanging in the room. Titus really did love her. Since Anastasia came here to visit him because she was worried about him, my gut was telling me that she would change a lot in our life. I never thought that she would be able to save him but she did nonetheless. Because of her, Titus was able to enjoy life again.

He let her in from the beginning. It wasn't a lot, to begin with, but the fact that he was okay with sleeping on her shoulder proved that he trusted her more than he trusted anyone else.

I let them alone, giving them at least some privacy.

David soon knew everything that I saw a few minutes ago, both of us at the rim of crying. With that, we went to bed together and closed our eyes, soon dozing off.

POV Titus

"Please Titus, it will help you if you talk about it. I know that it's hard and that you don't like talking to someone else about your past but you'll feel better."

She was trying to convince me to go to therapy. I didn't want to go. I mean she was able to help me more than the therapist did before we met and I don't feel comfortable talking to someone unknown about my past. Not to mention that I just started talking to Andrea and David. And even with them, it was still hard to do so.

"I don't want to. You know that I feel uncomfortable talking to people. You are an exception."

She let out a deep breath before nodding her head. I knew that she wouldn't give up that easily but at least she let me think about it for some time.

"Let's go for a walk," said Ana.

I just looked at her, confused as to where she got that idea from.

"I am bored and I don't want to lie in bed all day. Also, taking a walk can be calming and it's just us two."

After hearing that, I agreed. I never really took walks. The only time I walked around was to reach the park but I don't think that you could count that as a walk.

Ana got up, reaching for my hand and pulling me on my feet. We got ready and left the house after Ana told David and Andrea that we would go for a walk. She then took my hand, and we started our journey.

It was more calming than I had thought. I loved the silence. No one spoke, only the sound of animals and some cars were heard. I was lost in my thoughts and just let her lead me to wherever she wanted to go. I knew that she knew that I was just following her around like a lost puppy. Therefore, she never let go of my hand and just let me think about things.

I had no idea how long we were outside now and I wasn't really aware of my surroundings when she suddenly stopped. I crushed into her as I was slightly behind her which made me stop as well.

I came face to face with Mr. Mason and his wife. I had no idea what I should do so I just tightened my grip on her hand and started to play with her hair with my other hand.

"Hey! It is good to see you, Anastasia, and Titus. I was worried because you dropped out of school and I have never seen you since then."

I looked up, staring into his eyes before slowly nodding. His facial expression was enough for me to know that he was surprised that I even reacted. I never did so before so I knew that it was new for him. Even though he sometimes visited us at home because he knew Andrea, I never reacted when he did or said something. I always acted as if he wasn't even there.

"Hey, Mr. Mason. Nice to meet you as well."

It was Ana, of course, that spoke up. I just concentrated on the shade of her hair while I listened to their conversation. They mostly talked about us and said their goodbyes soon after.

A/N: I promise to end this story today!!!!

~E