Chapter 27. I Ran Away From Zeus

As the warmth of the sun caressed the panels of the skyscraper, breaking through the shattered glass and reaching the warriors tired from the battle, a sense of peace and serenity resonated within the walls.

Erelah welcomed the breath of the beloved planet into her lungs for the first time since she returned, absorbing every beloved creation she had longed to see, to hear, to sense. For years, centuries, eons. She timidly gazed at her dearest sun peaking at the horizon, smiling contently at its beauty from the new perspective.

Turning to see the shadows that the sun has casted hitting the various objects, she inspected the wreckage Michael's squalor made.

"Is everyone okay?" she tenderly asked as she caressed the cheeks of the wounded soldiers with a sweltering and ataractic power deriving out of her palms, making their wounds, discomfort and pain recede.

Castiel propped his body up on one knee and bowed his head in reverence. Jack followed his actions.

"Brother, please. I am not worthy of your tribute." Erelah placed her hand on his shoulder and lifted him to his height.

Sam passed the broken furniture and sharp glass on the floor to get to his older brother who was still unconscious on the floor.

"Dean!" He slapped his cheek a few times and shook his upper body by the shoulders before Dean swiftly opened his eyes and scanned them across his brother's face.

"Sam, you're okay." Dean leaped into his arms and buried his face in his jacket.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just feel like I've had a heart attack."

"That's on me, my apologies," Erelah confessed, making her way toward Sam and Dean once she helped Jack stand.

"Niamh?"

"Still no."

"Is she okay? Is Michael finally dead?" Dean shot out the questions, attaining strength in his legs to get up from the marble floor.

"Niamh is fine and yes, Michael is gone."

"How can we ever reciprocate the service?" Castiel respectfully asked.

"Do not worry about it. Do you want me to send you home?"

"That would be–" Sam started the sentence, "much appreciated." And ended it in the library room of their home in Lebanon

"Sorry it took so long, I am left with only one pair of wings," Erelah said dejectedly, holding on to the wall for balance.

"Are you feeling okay?" Sam wondered, raising his arm behind Erelah's back in case she stumbles.

"The flight and the fight with Michael took a lot of energy out of me. I will be fine."

"What do you mean you only have one pair of wings left?" Dean interested himself in the celestial being walking around their home.

He opened several beer bottles and handed them out to whoever needed a drink, earning a slap on his hand from Castiel once he passed the bottle to Jack.

"I was one of the Heavenly Princes created before the Birth of heaven and before the Dawn of creation. When me and my brothers were born, there was a big explosion that created everything and nothing outside of heaven, making Dad interested in it so he gifted us with three pairs of wings; to fly and to shield ourselves." Erelah explained, capturing attentive glances from humans and celestials.

"I lost one pair of wings when I escaped from Zeus. I was ungrateful and full of rage when Dad sent me to hide in Scandinavia. Odin gave me everything he could, treated me like his own daughter, but I couldn't see clearly because jealousy and mania blurred my vision.

"So I ran away to Olympus. Zeus only took me in because he wanted an eighth wife, so when Hemera called my attention to said problem, I had to escape. But Zeus was a guileful deity; neither me or Hemera noticed him disguised as a dove, hearing everything we spoke. The night of my departure, he ambushed me and tried to make me stay so the price of leaving that unholy mountain was my pair of wings."

"What happened to the second pair? Will I have three pairs of wings?" Jack asked while seated on an uncomfortable bed, looking over from Erelah to Castiel, which made Erelah smile.

"My second pair of wings actually burned off while fighting Michael. It took a lot from me to weaken him; he really latched himself onto Dean."

"Why didn't you just kill me?"

"Because Niamh threatened to find me and put me to death if she found out I killed you. I had to do it the harder way."

"Our favorite way." Sam joked.

After the impressions of Erelah's life and the divine secrets settled, the hunters and angels sat in silence and peace, spinning the fact in their heads that their greatest threat had been removed. Dean stole several glances at Niamh's body, which he had touched for the last time when the final spark of life had died out of her, and there she was in front of him, more alive, more brighter, more powerful and more beautiful than ever. It was something that his mind could not possibly comprehend.

"What happens now? Do you plan on staying?" Dean wondered, taking a sip of his second beer, looking into Erelah's eyes and searching for those beautiful dark brown of Niamh's.

"Do not worry, I am not planning on staying long. I will not be of any kind of interference in your business."

"What about Niamh?"

"She's alive and well. Rather annoying; she's scraping to get out." Erelah let out a chuckle from Niamh's lips and turned toward the door.

"You better catch her in three, two, one."

***
A/N
Sorry for the long wait
Next chapter would be the last one but I decided to make this story a series so there will be a new book :>

Vote, comment, share <3
Love ya