𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

꧁☆★ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝒶𝒸𝓀 ★☆꧂

24th November 2022

The news had spread widely, as was predicted. The kidnapping of the girls in Hyderabad was a little addition to the headlines.

They were watching the television news. Before this, they had no concern about being found out, but ACP Aditya Kashyap's participation had given them reasons to be concerned. They had done a background check on Kashyap and were aware of his reputation as one of the fearless cops. Unfortunately, they had not received even a single item that they could have used to blackmail him. They had been annoyed by the fact that his private life was actually a closely held secret.

"What should we do now, Ash?" asked the older of the two men.

Ash was sitting on a huge wing chair with a glass of whiskey in his hand. He looked at the older man before saying, "Do you know who leaked the news to the media."

"Aisha." said a young girl in her mid-twenties. "I think its Aisha, phupa. Bhola had told me she was in police station in Mumbai with Kashyap."

"How did she know about that Mumbai girl? And how in the hell did a middle-class trash like her got the money to fly to Mumbai overnight and return?" Ash asked in a rage.

Both the father-daughter duo stayed quiet at this.

"How about we kill her, Ash?" asked the older man.

"No. Atharva is always around her. We will not be able to kill her." Aash replied.

"Then?" asked the girl.

"Her Friend." Ash replied with a smirk. "We will kidnap her. Make a call to Bhola and instruct them to crash her scooter with a truck. I'll send my other men to pose as locals and abduct her while claiming to be able to help her. After that we will sell her to our clients from England."

"Okay, phupa." saying that she made a call to Bhola and asked them to do the same.

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

There was a different glow on Divya's face today. Abhiraj had finally asked her out on a date. They had spent a lot of time with each other. She was excited. She was really in a hurry to reach home and tell Aisha about this. Her best friend would be on cloud nine; after all, she had always shipped them. She was busy with her own thoughts, due to which she did not notice a truck behind her.

The large truck struck Divya from behind. She took a massive hit, fell to the ground, and went unconscious. The vehicle sped away after the collision. Seeing an accident, people start to surround her. Around four people called an ambulance, and the ambulance was there within five minutes. The ambulance took her along with the people who had called them.

💫💫💫💫💫

Aisha was working on her project at her flat. When she suddenly got a call from an unknown number. Aisha picked up the call and heard, "Aisha Agarwal, how are you?"

"Who is this?" She asked.

"You don't remember me? I am sad, darling." said the man from other side of the phone.

"Who are you? And why are you calling me?" she asked, being irritated.

"How is your best friend? Is she home?" The man said.

At that Aisha's breath hitched, "Where is she? What did you do to her?" she yelled.

"Shh... Don't shout, darling. If you want to save your friend, then ask ACP to stop his investigation. You have 24 hours. If within these 24 hours, ACP does not close the case, then you will find your friend's dead body." saying that he cut the call.

Aisha looked at the phone with distress and called Divya. The phone was switched off, which increased her fear. She worriedly called Atharva.

"Hello, Aisha." Atharva said as soon as he picked up the phone.

"Yuvraj." Aisha said in a low voice. "Divya. They. They kidnapped her."

"What? Are you in room?" Atharva asked.

"Yes."

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen to Divya. I will be there okay." saying he cut the call.

Atharva went towards Abhiraj's room and knocked on the door continuously. He took Abhiraj with him to Aisha's flat.

"Bhai? What happened?" Abhiraj asked his distressed brother.

Instead of replying to his brother, Atharva called Aditya while driving the car.

"Mr. Rathore? Is everything okay?" Aditya asked him after picking up the call.

"Divya is kidnapped. Meet us in her flat, now." Atharva said. Hearing his words, his brother gasped loudly.

"Okay, I will be there." Aditya said and hung up the call.

Within 15 minutes, Atharva reached the girls' flat. Aisha threw herself in Atharva's arms as soon as she saw him. Tears were streaming down her face.

"Aisha, shh. Kuch Nahi Hoga, Divya ko. Shh." (Nothing will happen to Divya) Atharva said rubbing his hand on her back as a way of calming her down.

"He said that he will kill her if I don't ask ACP Kashyap to stop the investigation. I am scared" said Aisha while crying.

Atharva took Aisha to the nearby couch and wiped her tears. He took her face in his hands and said, "Nothing will happen to Divya but for that you have to be strong, okay? We will bring Divya back safe and also put that kidnapper behind the bars. It's a promise." She nodded her head at him with a weak smile. 

(Looks like the villains made an appearance. Any guess on who 'they' might be. And the story is coming to an end. )