𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

꧁☆★ 𝒜𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐹𝑒𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 ★☆꧂

20th September 2022

Aisha was on her desk completing the file work Ms. Sinha had given her when she got a call on the office's phone.

"Aisha Agarwal, a junior computer engineer at SoftTech Foundation, is on the line. How may I be of help to you?"

"Ms. Agarwal. I am calling from the 10th floor. You are being called into the CEO's office."

Aisha had been employed by this organization for approximately two months at this point. She had never visited the CEO's office. But, as far as she knew, employees from there were either fired or promoted. She didn't believe that she was already in a place to get promoted. She was trembling because of all the unfavorable ideas going through her brain. She vowed to kill Rathore if he ever managed to get her fired due to the incident on Sunday. In her terror, she just prayed to God as she was moving. The timing was not right for a panic attack. Such an embarrassing situation.

She knocked on the office door with trembling and perspiring hands. Unfortunately for her already chaotic state, Atharva was the first person she saw as she entered the office. Great! Today, she would lose her job. She still had a tight posture, but she slowly began to loosen up as she noticed other employees at the office. She stood beside the group of people present there when Dhruv, the CEO started speaking, "Mr. Rathore, here, has asked us to prepare a secure attendance system for his company. I will be leading the project myself, and all of you will be assisting me with this project. For the next 4-5 months, until we complete the project, you will be working on the 9th floor. On October 10, we will begin working on this. I hope none of you have any problems with it. Do you?"

All of them replied negatively. He dismissed them after this. Aisha was the first one to leave the cabin, so she did not notice the older men observing her silently.

Atharva's POV

Aisha Agarwal. This name had been on my mind since the day she accidentally poured coffee on me. I thought she was a shy girl at that moment. But when she talked to me in the parking lot, it proved to me that she was anything but that. I, myself, was shocked by her bravery. Most people feared me, even the ladies, but Aisha did not. There was no trace of fear or hesitation on her face when she talked to me without breaking her eyes. And, hell, I would be lying if the way she called me Yuvraj did not do something to me. Aisha was a mystery to me, a beautiful mystery I would love to unravel.

I was still looking at the door from where she left when Dhruv's words brought me out of the reverie.

"Udhar kya dekh raha hai. Idhar dekh." (Why are you looking there? look here.) At this, I turned to face him. Wait, when did he come to sit beside me?

"Now, Mr. Rathore, would you be kind enough to tell me, why you wanted a particular junior engineer to work on this project?" he asked with narrowed eyes. I just shrugged and said, "She looks determined and promising." I knew he did not believe me, and he proved me right when he spoke next.

"Pyar to nahi hogaya na tujhe" (Did you fall in love?) With a grinning face, he started yelling for his wife who was also his P.A. "Shreya, Shreya"

Shreya hurriedly came inside and raised her brows at him. "Hamare, Yuvraj ko pyaar hogaya hai, babe." (Babe, our crowned prince has found love.)

"Ye, bakwas kar raha hey, bhabi. Iski bakwas mat suniye aap" (He is bluffing. Don't listen to him) I told her before she could plan my wedding in her head.

"I am not getting into this dispute, but before that, tell me why Aisha was here. I thought you were picking expert employees for this new project, so why did you call a beginner engineer here?"

Dhruv grinned at her question and pointed his finger saying, "This guy specially asked for Aisha Agarwal"

"Well, Aisha is highly professional, so good luck knowing her personally while working on the project, Atharva." saying that, she left the place.

Karan raced into the office and through the door before any of us could react. Doesn't this guy have work to do at the hospital?
"You fell in love, but you didn't consider telling me about it?" I narrowed my eyes at Dhruv in response to Karan's query. This sly guy was able to inform him as well. "What's her name, though?"

"Ms. Aisha Agarwal. She is a junior engineer who works in my office. On the third floor, she will be." Dhruv chuckled as he spoke.

Karan sprinted out of the door hearing Dhruv's response. My eyes widened seeing this. I too ran after him and fortunately, I caught him before he reached the elevator. I dragged him to the cabin.

_________________________________________________

On the other part of city,

Abhiraj's POV

I was checking some e-mails when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come, in"

Divya entered with some papers in her hand.

"Sir, the sketches for the Diwali collection are here."
The bandage on her wrist caught my attention as I was taking the sketches. I hope the collision on Sunday wasn't the cause of this. I immediately raised her sleeves, and she backed away.

"What do you think you are doing?" she angrily asked.

"I just wanted to see your wrist." "How did you get the wound?"

"Oh! You don't know how I got this?" She had turned red with fury by now. "Well, sir, an ill-mannered rich girl hit my scooter off, which made both me and my vehicle fall, and I dislocated my wrist while trying to protect my property." After a pause, she again spoke: "I think the explanation is enough. The office hours are almost over. So, may I leave, sir?"

"You may." I had just finished saying the words when she stormed off.

Divya Chauhan was the only employee hired after only three months of internship. Her professionalism and creativity had shortened her internship period. She joined the company with a 3-year contract immediately after completing her exams. She had interned directly under the former head, Mrs. Saniya Mittal. Mrs. Mittal was strict when it came to work. So, it was really shocking for me when she cut Divya's internship in half and immediately offered her the job. But I completely understood her when I saw around 10 sketches of her designs. The girl had magic on her hands. Even last Friday, when she completed those drawings in such a short period of time, I was astonished.

I really want Divya to work for this company on a long-term basis.

It has been more than two months since she joined the company as an employee, and it would be a lie to say I am not attracted to her. Something about her just pulled me towards her.

Was it her tendency to wrinkle her nose while consuming coffee despite not being a huge fan of the beverage? Or perhaps it was the way she would work so intently that she would lose sight of her surroundings? It might be her laugh. I grinned as I thought back to her hearty laughs.

God! I sound like a creep right now. I groaned. What are you doing to me, Divya Chauhan?

(A/N. I had initially though of including only girls' POV but later decided against it. I hope you all liked the male leads' POVs)