𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

꧁☆★ 𝒟𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒟𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒 ★☆꧂

10th October 2022

Atharva's POV

We considered hearing the suggestions of the staff before officially beginning the project. Dhruv, Shreya, and I were therefore making our way to the conference room. As soon as I walked in, I looked around for Aisha, who was dressed in a white shirt and brown pants. She appeared quite professional in her outfit. Her face was emotionless when I concentrated on it, but there was a very slight sign of uncertainty in her eyes that I couldn't help but notice. Was she uneasy coming here? Or had anyone addressed her in any way? Others might be critical of her because very few novices get the chance to work on such huge projects.

My attention shifted towards Dhruv as he addressed everyone. "Good morning to all. Before we formally start working, we wanted to hear your thoughts, so we called you in. So, without any delay, let's start."

One by one, everyone gave their ideas. Aisha was the last one to share. I noticed her hesitating before speaking, "Why don't we make a card system?" I noticed her hands shaking, and she was also fiddling. She was about to add more, but a girl in her mid-twenties cut her off. "Anyone can enter with a card, Aisha." "It's the least secure one." Aisha just mumbled a small apology and didn't say anything for the rest of the meeting; however, her hands were still shaking.

After the meeting ended, they left for their joint office floor, whereas we went to Dhruv's office. "We didn't listen to Aisha's entire idea," I said as soon as I entered the office. "She mentioned a card system, Atharva. That's it. She did not even say anything after that. I am still not in favor of having Aisha on this project."

Dhruv's words agitated me. I don't know why. "Call her, right now." "Atharva--" I gave him a pointed stare. He murmured something along the lines of "things I do for friends" as he asked the receptionist on the floor to call Aisha.

He was glaring at me while I didn't pay any attention to him.

As soon as she entered, I stated, "Continue".

"Excuse me?" Confusion was clear on her face.

"Continue what you were saying before about the project, Ms. Agarwal."
When she did not utter even a single word for a while, Dhruv spoke, "We have no time to waste, Ms. Agarwal. So, speak." His tone was hard.

"Um, we can make an identity card. There will be a fingerprint sensor on the card. Similar to an ATM, there will be a system attached to the entry door where the card should be inserted. The sensor will activate the card as soon as it makes contact with the card owner's finger. The machine will check the card's data against the information it already has stored, and the door won't open until the data is verified.

In the same way, the card will instantly become inactive the minute one exits the office building, providing the system with information about entry and exit. Additionally, we are willing to set up a system that would lock all of the building's windows and doors when every employee leaves. Or the doors can shut at a specified time that we specify."

The initial hesitance she had turned into confidence in the space between her remarks. The shaking of her hands had also subsided toward the middle of her speech.

After she was done, I turned to face Dhruv. He seemed to be impressed. "I appreciate it, Ms. Agarwal. You can go right now."

I glanced at him and raised an eyebrow as she walked away. "I believe we should make use of her creativity." At this, I smirked. "You still want her removed from the project?"

"Shut up," he muttered.

I departed for my office after conversing for a while.

I had trouble getting Aisha's form out of my head as I was heading to my office. The Aisha I spoke to in the parking lot was different than the Aisha I encountered twice in the office. She appeared meek both times she was at the office.

Was that merely the pretense of a timid, innocent girl in the office? Or was there a solid reason for her actions in the office? Why can't a girl backtalk to someone who has publicly criticized her if she can backtalk to me without hesitation?

There was undoubtedly an issue with her. Who are you, Aisha Agarwal? Who are you? Why do you seem to mystify me more and more each time I encounter you? Why do I feel a pull toward you? Why did I find your unease in the conference room unsettling?

Three times. We have met each other just three times and that girl has already started messing with my head.

Abhiraj's POV

Since the morning, Divya and I have been drawing numerous sketches for Shreya Bhabhi's lehenga, and up until now, we have been criticizing each and every one.

"How about this one in silver?" I took a look at the sketch she had displayed.

"Excellent, we'll create this one. How about if we head over to the factory and start working there?" I scanned her face for a response. She was wearing a pretty smile. We made our way over to the dress factory.

Every time she moved to get fabrics; I trailed after her like a lost dog. She gathered all the necessary supplies, and then we got to work measuring and cutting.

"Have you always wanted to be a fashion designer?" I asked Divya while working.

"Not always. It was during Aisha's 10th birthday. Aisha wanted Belle's princess costume, but as she was kind of afraid of strangers, we didn't go to boutique instead Phupho bought her a readymade one and fitted herself. Though she was happy, I was not. You know she had talked a lot about that dress, about how she wanted the dress to be but, in the end, she had opted for a simple one. That was when I decided that I would be a fashion designer and provide Aisha with all her dream dresses. You know, she is three months older than me, but I feel like she is my baby sister. What about you? When did you thought about this?"

"Dadi motivated me. Bhai was closer to Dadu while I was with Dadi. When she went to work, she occasionally took me along. I every now and then used to assist her. I came to love this place, and now I'm here."

"Divya?"

She hummed. "Are you and Aisha related, if you don't mind my asking?"

"Not by blood but rather by the heart and soul. I don't think that "blood is thicker than water" is completely accurate."

"Why?" I asked being curious.

"The meaning of this quote is to say that a person's family is more important than a person's other relationships or needs. But blood does not define family. Just like Aisha and me. We are not blood related, but we are a family. The betrayal of two blood brothers and the stronger brotherhood between two strangers have both been witnessed by people. So, what do you think about my explanation? I am sorry if I am irritating you. I tend to speak a lot."

She looked cute when she was nervous. I brought my face near her and said, "You don't have to hold back when you're in front of me. I like listening to you talk, Divya." She looked flustered and turned away instantly.

It was the first time we had spoken with each other without including sketches or fabrics.

The rest of the day was spent working while we chatted. Simply put, it gave the impression that we were lifelong friends. Being with her made me feel peaceful. I could live my whole life listening to her cute giggles.

 I hope you all liked the chapter. Please do not forget to comment what you thought and click the star button below.