𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

꧁☆★ 𝒜 𝐿𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝑀𝒾𝓈𝒽𝒶𝓅 ★☆꧂

    18th September 2022

After breakfast, the girls were in the study. On one of the desktop screens, Aisha had information on Tanya Sen displayed. Tanya Sen was taken from her native Ajmer at the age of 18, according to the information she got. She was the only child of a middle-class family, much like Kriya. On her way home from her coaching facility, she was abducted. She had been sought by the Ganj Police Station for more than a month; however, they had found nothing. After two years, she was discovered by some visitors in the Chittorgarh Fort with a growing baby bump, and by coincidence, Dr. Shekhawat was in the area for a conference with medical professionals from Life Heart, Chittorgarh.

"The Saxena family is the third. The major source of income is the SoftTech Foundation. Anand Saxena and his wife, Misha Saxena, founded the company around 30 years ago after graduating from MIT. Now, their son Dhruv is CEO, and Anand's 6 years younger brother, Aakash, is the chairperson of the company. Oh my god!"

"What happened, Aisha?"

"On October 31, 2005, exactly 3 hours after Mr. Surya Singh Rathore passed away in London from a car brake failure, Mr. and Mrs. Saxena were killed in an accident with a truck. Ye koi ittefakh nai ho sakta." (This can't be a coincidence.)

"Why don't you-" Divya's words were cut off due to her phone's ringing.

"Darshan*, Mumma," said Divya picking up the call and putting it on loudspeaker.

"Darshan. Kaise ho tum dono?" (How are you two?)

"Perfect, Mami*" Aisha replied before Divya

"Acha bachoo, jaldi se mujhe apni apni measurement bhejdo." (Listen girls, send me your measurements) The girls exchanged glances at her statement.

"Par kyu? Is something going to happen?" (But why?) asked Divya to her mother.

"Of course, you two don't remember. Navratri starts in a week and you two still do not have dresses. And now don't say, Sarojini Nagar hain na. Achi tarah se janti hu tum Dono ko mein. Kapde ek bhi nahi khari doge aur porey paise chaat aur golgappe mein khatam kardo gey. Isliye chup chap se measurement bhejdo mujhe. Anyway, I am free today, so I will give the dress to the designer." (There is Sarojini Nagar. I know you two very well enough to know that instead of buying clothes, you will spend money on chaat and golgappas. That's why, without any more talks, send me your measurements.)

"Mumma, you do realize your daughter is a fashion designer, right?"

"Miss Fashion Designer, are you capable of making clothes for you and Aisha before Navratri? No, I think. So just do as I say." With that, she hung up the phone, leaving the younger girls to gape at the phone.

"Do you mind taking my measurements, Miss Fashion Designer?" asked Aisha while chuckling. Using Divya's measuring tape, the girls took their sizes and sent them.

"Let's go and make food, we haven't had meal and after that we have to go for jewelry shopping." Saying that Divya dragged Aisha to kitchen.

____________________________

Divya had just parked the scooter when a car from back hit her off which made her fall along with the scooter. Aisha hurriedly rushed over to help her. With some bruises and scratches on her hands, Divya rushed towards the car owner who had just gotten out of the car.

"Chalana nahi aata to chalati kyu ho?" (Why do you drive when you clearly don't know how to?) asked Divya furiously.

"Oh hello, galti tumhari thi aur jaban samalke baat karo samjhi" (It was your mistake and mind your words) said the girl who had gotten down from driver's seat. It was Abhira Singh Rathore, the only daughter of the Rathore family.

"Wow, see the attitude, first you hit my scooty from back and say mistake is mine. What do you think of yourself, Kahin ki maharani ho kya?" (Are you a queen?) said Divya with a scowl.

"Maharani toh nahi lekin iss jagah ki Rajkumari jarur hai ye." (She is not a queen, but the princess of this place.) It was the other girl with the car owner who replied. The girls had not realized that she was also there. Of course, Shanaya Khanna was there with her best friend.

Before any of them could say anything, they heard a voice from behind. "What's happening here?" It was Atharva Singh Rathore. Beside him was his younger brother, Abhiraj.

"Accident" All head turned towards Aisha who had said the word.

"I'll cover the damages."

"We don't want your recompense," Aisha said sternly as she stared directly into Atharva's eyes after hearing his remark. "If your sister had admitted her mistake and offered an apology instead of acting out, the argument would have been resolved much sooner. But I can see how she came to have this mindset. You should teach her to accept faults, Yuvraj. Keep a driver on call for her as well, before she endangers lives while driving. You must have the financial means to employ a driver, Yuvraj."

As soon as she was done speaking, she grabbed Divya's hand and took the two of them over to the adjacent earring shop, leaving everyone behind in a state of disbelief, whereas Divya was looking at her with wide eyes.

"Stop looking at me like that, Divi, I am shaking."

"I am proud of you. Aish. Speaking up despite your anxieties requires a great deal of bravery. You are starting to sweat! Look at me and take deep breaths. Come on, do it." Aisha obediently followed her words and relaxed after a while.

As Divya's scratches were starting to bleed, they went to a nearby clinic and treated her wounds. She had a bandage on her wrist as it had fractured. After doing accessories shopping and leaving the scooter in a garage for servicing. They returned to their flat. 

(A short chapter for today. *Mami= maternal aunt  *Darshan= a way of greeting like Namaskar and Namastey)

How was the chapter? Did you guys like it?