Chapter|5|

JRiyyah Thanks for being the first person to vote and comment on my story. I really appreciate you.
Ms Walker, you are ten minutes late" the counselor said immediately I stepped into her office. She asked me to see her today and the party everyone is talking about is in two days.
"I am sorry Mrs. Rogers. The teacher asked me to wait after class" I replied immediately I settled in one of the chairs in front of her.
"No worries. So Stephanie, this is our first official college meeting of your senior year" she started and I fiddle with my fingers on my lap.
"I know you must have a college you have been eyeing" she said glancing at me after adjusting her glasses.
"You are right ma'am. I have got eyes on Stanford" I replied.
"Are you thinking of applying early?" she asked and I nodded.
"You must send applications to all school. I mean not ivy school alone" she said looking at my reaction but I just nodded agreeing with her. "You will also need to get a few recommendations from teachers. I know that wouldn't be hard since all teachers practically adore you"she continued and I smiled at her.
"I will be looking into that soon" I replied with a small smile.
"That's all for now. You can get to lunch" she ended and I walked away after saying goodbye.
We had to cancel our trip to the ice cream shop since lily didn't show up yesterday.
We got stood up. What happened to besties before baes? Girl code?
I walked to our table after collecting my food. I settled down after greeting everyone except Lily. Still offended for getting stood up by her.
"Hey Stephanie" Lily said but I just  ignored her. She has got to try harder if she wants me to forgive her.
I stared at my tray which consisted of hamburger and a Pepsi can.
"Look who finally remembers that she has girlfriends" Amanda scoffed as she settled beside me. The others were amused watching the display. I will too but I am part of the entertainment. Nice that people can actually take pleasure in our fights.
"I am sorry guys, I just got caught up in the moment" she replied running her hands through her hair.
"You could have sent a message that you weren't going to make. Steph and I had to wait here close to an hour before we got the fact you weren't gonna show up" Amanda's voice raised up but not loud enough to attract other people attention. "I am really sorry. Today,my treat"Lily said softly looking at both of us.
Damn! She knows Amanda is a softie for sugary things and so that is the only thing she can use to buy her.
"Fine but you are not totally forgiven"Amanda replied . Lily let out a deep sigh. "I knew you guys couldn't stay mad at me for long" a big smile evident on her face and I snorted.
"We are happy for you but you have to gist us. Did you guys do dirty already?" Amanda asked and she gagged.
I smirked hearing that. Now we are going to tease her until she turns red like a tomato.
"Ew not that we wouldn't eventually do that but now we are just getting to know each other well. Thinking about it now makes me_"
"Lily" I called out and she blushed furiously realizing all she had just said.
"What happened to my innocent Lily?" I pouted and she blushed more. Everybody started laughing that some people actually turned to see what we were laughing about.
"You guys are terrible friends"Lily huffed and I just giggled.
"But you love us" Angela replied.
The bell rang saving Lily from more embarrassment.
We headed to our various classes. I have maths by the way.
My conversation with the counselor replayed in my mind as I settled waiting for the teacher to arrive.
Everyone believes I am going to get in but I am not really sure. There are a number of good students like me who didn't get into any good school.
Try to have a little faith in yourself. You are Stephanie and not the others. Because they failed doesn't mean you will too.
Wait did my subconscious just say wonderful things to me? Am I dreaming?
I pinched myself and I winced when I pinched a little too hard.
Don't get used to it. I am still here to taunt you.
I really appreciate your kind words.
I am me and I am determined not to fail.
The teacher entered and started teaching.
"Hey" a voice said from my back and I groaned. I don't really appreciate talking in class so I am already annoyed at this unknown person.
"Hey" the voice said again and I turned around to give the person a piece of my mind. "Sorry to disturb. My pen flew under your seat. Please can you take it for me" the voice now belonging to a guy.
I didn't even assess his features. I just got his pen and handed it to him without looking back.
The teacher gave an impromptu test after class about what he explained getting a lot of groans and curses in reply.
Even if I hadn't listen to his explanation, I would have still aced it because I already studied the topic before class.
I handed him my paper being the last person to submit. "Hey" a voice called out and it definitely belongs to the guy from earlier. The guy is actually good looking just have that cute guy vibe.
His Sweatshirt and black jeans is seriously giving me the vibe.
I am not interested in any guy at the moment. I have Asher to fill in that gap in my LIFE unfortunately!
I tucked my hands into my hoodie and waiting for him to reach me.
He is about 6ft, blonde,brown eyes with pink lips. "Hi" I replied wanting nothing but to get to my next class.
"I am Jones. I have been noticing you for a while and finally decided to talk to you" he confesses and I just stared unsure of what to say.
"I am S_" I was cut off by him . "I already know your name. Stephanie right?"he asked and I nodded. I feel slightly uncomfortable right now.
"That's great. Nice meeting you but I really have to get to class right now". Wow that is all you can come up with.
"Sure no problem. See you around"he said cooly but I sensed he had more to say. I quickly hurried to my class which was a lie to get away from him.
I have a free period right now but I didn't want to continue talking to him.
This life isn't fair;it isn't balance at all.
I like Asher but he doesn't like me. This guy likes me but I don't like him.
He didn't even say he likes you. He looks like a geek maybe he just wanted to get to know the girl that gets A's all the time. Maybe he thought you can teach him some tips.
Or he likes me. That is the only theory I can formulate right now.
I headed to the library. I greeted the librarian politely before heading to the back. I skimmed through the novels section looking for one that has a catchy title. It is not always nice to judge a book by its cover.
I am going for a romance novel.
Kiss Her Once for me by Alison Cochrun.