The damned wait

Abhi and Akshu roamed around in the streets of Karnoor, Kerala. They tried the local food, did some shopping and went for boating. Akshu  thought Abhi was the best travel partner. He loved travelling and used to research everything about new places before visiting. Throughout the trip he used to share many tid bits regarding the place. Even today, he was in his mode and was going on explaining about the places they were visiting. Many times, Akshu used to just look at him and admire his mind and intellect. She didn't know if anything perfect existed in the world, but the man standing in front was absolute perfection for her.
Her abhi was the man of grace and dignity. His devotion and compassion towards her had melted her heart. His  colleagues and juniors respected him and kept him in high regards. Even after being the best surgeon in the city, he was the most humble and down to earth person she had met. She did not know what she did to deserve his love.
"This man is mine ! Akshu ka Abhi! " She thought . Her heart swelled with pride at the mere thought that she was the owner to his heart.He showed his love by submitting his everything before her to do as she chose.

As she was lost thinking about him ,she noticed a shop in the corner of the market. That very moment Akshu got an idea to surprise Abhi.

"Abhimanyu, hum bohot ghum liye tumhe Akshay ke saath time spend karna tha na...let's go..kuch hi ghante bache h sagai ko"

" Chalega Akshu...vo busy hoga...hum aur ghoomthe h na"

" Nhi nhi Abhimanyu...chalo tum...mujhe bhi Shalini se milna h"

Abhi looked at Akshu confused. Why was she forcing them to go back to the resort. They were having such good time together or were they not. Did she not enjoy his company. Was he irritating her with his stories about these places. She looked like she was in some hurry.

"Akshu...theek h chalthe h but you had a good time na ghoomke ...tum bore tho nhi ho gyi mere saath"

"Oho Abhimanyu! What makes you say that. You are the most fun person to be with. Main genuinely tired ho gyi itna chalke.chalo ready bhi hona h shaam ke liye"

_____________________________________

Abhi and Akshu went back to the resort. She made him go to Akshay's room and she went to their room.

Akshay was very happy seeing him.
"Abhi...hello Bhai kaisa hai...kal tho bohot pee li thi tune"

"Pleasee...pilayi thi tune...kya zarurat thi...room mein jaake sab ulti kar gya"

"Tsk tsk...kya abhi i thought you are a gentleman but tu tho bewda nikla" Akshay said and abhi started laughing.

"Teri sagai h aaj...nhi tho abhi muh todtha saale" abhi said." Acha ye bata how are you feeling.. tomorrow is your big day...are you nervous"

"Terko pata h abhi.... seriously batau tho Maine pehele socha tha ki i would be getting these wedding jitters...kal shaadi h...fir Singapore shift hona h...udhar life banani h nyi...sab kuch itna change hoga....but you know what, agar life ke ride mein shi travel partner saath ho tho sab chill h...mujhe aaj sukoon sa lag rha thinking ki main Shalini ke saath hu and we are getting married tomorrow...it feels like this is the right thing and this is what is meant to be...you know you can't force someone in love...but when you give them your everything and baaki sab bhagwaan pe chod do,tho all things set themselves like a puzzle...jaise aaj meri aur Shalini ki life feel ho rhi h."

Abhi got happy tears in his eyes listening to this. He went forward to hug his best friend. His heart felt so full listening to him.

" I am so happy for you Akshay. I wish Mahadev tujhe sirf  khushiyan de tere aage ke life ke liye."

" Oy pagal senti ho gya kya...  you deserve more happiness than me. Mujhe pata h life has been difficult for you last ek saal mein and I can see the longing in your eyes for Akshara to reciprocate your love but trust me that woman is worth the wait. You guys are truly meant to be aur vo time door nhi h jab tu mujhe apne shaadi ke liye invite karega"

"I hope for that everyday Akshay... Mahadev vo din jaldi dikhaye mujhe."

_________________________________

Abhi came back to his room after an hour. He started searching for Akshu but she was nowhere to be found. He found a note in the dressing table which read " salon gyi hu tyaar hone ..sagai ke time aa jaungi"

"Salon akele kyu gyi...main saath chala jatha" Abhi thought to himself then akshay's words crossed his mind.
" Give ladies their time...unko pyaar accept karne mein time lagtha h"

"Theeke Akshu...I will wait for you " Abhi thought with a sad smile and decided to get ready till then.

__________________________________

It was 9:00pm and guests had started pouring in for the engagement party. Abhi was wearing a black suit and was looking for Akshu. She still hadn't reached the resort and abhi was anxious. He had tried calling her but she had not picked up the call but had responded with messages that she was trying some new facial and that would take some more time.

" doosre ke shaadi mein madam ko itna time lag rha h...apni shaadi mein tho poora din laga degi" abhi had thought to himself and smiled that time.

But now it was very late and Abhi was planning to check in nearby salons for Akshu. Just then Akshu entered the venue and she started looking for him. Abhi looked at her and his heart beat increased. She was looking divine. she was wearing a red wine coloured saree with sleeveless blouse.she had left her hair open and it was held to her back. She had minimal makeup on which made him wonder what did she do all this time in salon but nevertheless guests who were looking at her were doing a double take. " Meri apsara" he thought.

Her eyes found him and she started walking towards him. When she reached him, abhi asked " mujhe maar daalne ka plan h kya.... Who looks this gorgeous in a sari"

Akshu blushed at his compliment and muttered her thanks.
Abhi continued " par Akshu yaar kitni der ..main tumhe dhoondne aane wala tha pata h"

"Sorry Abhimanyu vo na parlour mein already bheed thi aur mere facial mein zyada time lag gya...chodo na ...party start nhi hui na"

"Nhi start nhi hui...tum right time aayi ho ..abhi start hoga sab."

____________________________________
Akshay and Shalini exchanged rings and they looked so beautiful with each other. All their loved ones who had witnessed their love story had happy tears in their eyes. After the regular photo session, everyone moved to the dance floor where Akshay and Shalini shared the first dance and later were joined by all others . The party continued as people danced and ate heartily.

It was almost 12:00am but still Abhi and Akshu were in their own world dancing together .She was in his arms, her hands were in his chest. His arms were wrapped around her.

"Perfect" by Ed Sheeran was being played and Abhi realised how well the song suited her tonight.
He looked at her and found her already looking at him with intensity. She looked at him like only he mattered to her. Abhi knew very well that he was mirroring her expression.

"Aah I was waiting for the right moment but I just realised every moment is right with you. You want to know what's in my heart right." Akshu asked abhi.

Abhi gripped her even tightly and pulled her closer that their lips were only inches away." Say it" he commanded. His heart thumped loudly waiting for her answer which was long due.

"I love you Abhi! And I wish you a very happy happy birthday my love"

____________________________________
Hi guys, where do you think akshu was when she told she was in Salon.
Are you excited for next chapter.

Next chapter will be uploaded after 80 upvotes.