My heart knows...

1 year later

Abhimanyu was travelling in bus to Varanasi. He was scheduled to serve in a medical camp for next 15 days. As the wind blew on his face he was reminded of how his life had become upside down in the past 1 yr.

Both Goenka and Birla family had tried everything to find some clue of akshu's whereabouts but to no avail. Police said that many families couldn't get the bodies of their loved ones due to the intensity of blast.
Goenka family had accepted akshu's death after sometime and had performed all of her last rites. They had cut all ties with the Birla family.

Abhi's heart could not accept the fact that the police was claiming.He tried his level best to convince the Goenkas to continue the search but all he got was silence from their side. They wanted to grieve for their daughter in peace without the intrusion of the man who made their daughter go to that ill fated place.

Abhi on the other hand never lost hope. He searched every corner in udaipur for two months and then started serving in government medical camps arranged for economically lower people across India hoping that he would find the face his heart was searching for somewhere. Abhi also believed that by giving back to society through social service he could get rid of the pain and guilt which had deprived him of proper sleep from the day his akshu was gone. Every 15-20 days he used to go to a new medical camp and work mechanically the entire day and cry himself to sleep at night. Often he used to get up at night due to the frequent nightmares which had become his most close acquaintance in recent months.

On the other hand,Abhi's family had tried to convince him for therapy so that he could start leading a normal life but he was hell bent on living this nomadic life and now they had also lost all hopes.

Abhi's thoughts returned back to the present as the bus driver applied a break and he realised that as on date his only company was akshara goenka's memories in his heart and her bracelet in his pocket. He lovingly caressed it and wiped a lone tear from his eye.

"I will find you akshu" thought abhi.
"If not today, we will meet someday...and I am sure of that"

14 days later

Abhi was working in his last shift in the medical camp in varanasi. He had treated many patients here and was moving to his next destination tomorrow.
His last patient was a small boy who had acute anemia. Abhi was checking his reports when a middle aged woman came running to him.

"Doctor Saab hum hamari bachi ko lekar bohot door se aye hai....kya aap use ek baar dekh lenge....maine suna aap bohot bade doctor h....gareebo ka ilaaj karthe h...meri bachi ko bhi dekh lijiye."

Abhi wanted to tell the woman that this was his last shift and if needed she could come tomorrow where other doctors could check her daughter but seeing the expectations in the woman's eyes he couldn't refuse her .

"Acha bataiye, kya hua h aapki beti ko...kya Umar h uski."

"Doctor Saab,meri bachi ke saath accident ho gya tha ek saal pehele.Peenth aur sar par bohot chonte ayi thi. Peenth theek ho gya uska....chal paa rhi h vo ab " said the woman with pride " par sar mein hamesha dard bana rehetha h uske. Raat ko chain ki neend nhi h...humne saari report nikalwa li par koi doctor ke paas ilaaj nhi...aapke baare mein suna tho aaye h door se ..ek baar aake dekh lijiye....Umar 26 saal h uski"

"Theeke maaji , is bache ka treatment karke atha hu aapki beti ke paas tab tak aap bahar rahiye."

***********************************

Abhi came out of his make shift cabin towards the location where the woman had said she would be waiting. When he reached there he could see the woman wiping the sweat off her daughter's face with her pallu. Abhi couldn't make out the girl's face but his heart had started beating fast. He came closer to the duo and upon seeing the face of the daughter his heart danced with joy as the search undertaken a year ago had finally come to an end.

"AKSHU!!" Abhi shouted in joy.

Next chapter would be updated after 100 upvotes.