Chapter Thirty Seven

question - who was your most played music artist last year? mine was red hot chili peppers

***

"Why are you always drinking coke when we're at parties?" Kingsley asked.

"Because all four of you chug alcohol like it's your first time ever drinking and someone has to be responsible and drive you all home?" Roan deadpanned, "Also, it's diet coke."

"I can be the designated driver." Amir chimed in.

"Fuck no, I'm not trusting anyone else with my car." Kingsley said as he dropped his keys on Roan's lap, the blonde sighed before pocketing them.

The five boys were currently at a frat party that one of Kai's classmates invited him too. They were all sitting and hanging out around a couch in the living room since they didn't know many other people.

Roan had invited Kingsley as well, over the course of the past year the two had gotten close. Even though they technically knew each other for over a decade and even dated, it was only in New York that they really became friends.

"Oi, Kingsley," Kai nudged the dark haired boy, "I think that girl is checking you out."

"Are you forgetting the part where I like dick?" Kingsley retorted.

"Oh yeah," Kai huffed, "Still. Getting checked out is good for your ego."

"The last thing we need is to feed into this guy's ego." Roan said.

"Fuck off, MacElroy," Kingsley said with a roll of his eyes, "You're just jealous I'm the one getting checked out."

"Yeah right," Kai snorted, speaking up before Roan could even open his mouth, "As if this guy needs to be jealous. He's got the best game out of us all."

"Hey," Jeremy furrowed his brows, "You don't know how my game is!"

"At the last party you puked all over the heels of the girl you were trying to chat up." Kai said with a straight face, and Jeremy slouched back on the couch with a pout.

"I had a stomach bug." He muttered, but nobody really believed him.

"Anyway," Kai continued, "My point still stands."

"I dunno," Kingsley shrugged, "You both have been dating for a while and I haven't seen him flirt ever since y'all started your thing. Who knows if he's still got it?"

"Of course he does!" Kai looked offended on Roan's behalf, and the blonde was just staring at his boyfriend in amusement, "I bet he can get more numbers than you tonight."

"You up for a little friendly competition?" Kingsley smirked, looking at Roan, who had a poker expression now.

"No."

"Why?" Kai asked, and Roan turned to face him.

"Who cares if I got game or not?" Roan shrugged as he leaned forward to peck Kai's lips real quick, "I'm the winner regardless since I got you."

Kai's cheeks flushed red as Roan stared at his boyfriend. Jeremy made an aw sound whereas Amir just shook his head in amusement. Even though Roan and Kai didn't do a lot of PDA, sometimes the blonde would randomly surprise everyone by being super cheesy.

"You both are so fucking gay," Kingsley muttered, before continuing in a normal tone, "Do you think any of us can pass as straight?"

"Definitely not Kai." Amir said.

"Hey!" Kai protested, "I was straight for like eighteen years and nobody doubted that."

"Yeah, right." Kingsley and Roan said simultaneously, before looking at each other with matching smirks. Jeremy looked confused, and Amir got up to go flirt with a random blonde.