Chapter 27

"Are you sure? Lady I can go somewhere el-" Mal said but Irene shook her head, "You did not interrupt anything Mal," Irene said as she handed the boys the drinks. "What is this drink?" Josiah asked observing it.

"Oh it's the newest trend, a craze over the new drink Iced Tea," Irene said explaining it's the drink. "It's not poison," Irene glanced to Darius who seems unsure of the drink, "It's quite popular, if you use your eyes you can see a line beside us," Irene gestured as she spoke.

The name Iced Tea reminded Irene of Earth, Iced Tea was a delicious summer drink. Irene was actually quite excited to try this drink in this world.

Here I go, Irene took a deep breath then took a sip of the drink as the others tried it too.

"Wow, it's quite refreshing," Mal said looking at the drink with a shocked face, "Not bad..." Darius quoted.

"It does not fit my taste." Irene and Josiah said at the same time.

Oh yeah, Irene or Cha-hee never enjoyed the drink back on Earth too.

The others blinked, "I don't practically enjoy the sweetest of the tea, I do enjoy sweet food, but this is a little too sweet for me," Josiah explained, "Oh that's also my reasoning too," Irene said, the drink was always over sweet for her taste.

"Weirdos," Darius whispered.

"I heard that," Josiah glared, "Yeah, it was supposed to be heard," Darius replied, "...Irene you didn't respond to what I said," Josiah glanced at Irene.

Irene looked at him with innocent eyes, looking confused. "I heard you didn't wake up for a couple of days during your visit in the Count's Residence, no actually everyone knew about it," Josiah said all seriousness.

"The Count summoned doctors and divine holders from the church," Darius backed up with Josiah.

"He did?" Irene actually never knew about this fact, she only woke up with doctors but never knew the fact the church was involved.

"It was quite a talk," Josiah mentioned as he was playing with his drink, "Haha...yeah it probably was, I was shocked myself," Irene awkwardly said looking at Mal for help.

"My lady is still recovering, I think it's better if we don't bring up this," Mal spoke in a stern voice placing her hand on Irene's hair. "Oh, how careless of me...I'm sorry-" Josiah politized, however, was blocked by a question.

"Oh Josiah, I heard your birthday banquet is coming," Irene changed the subject, "Oh yes, I don't enjoy balls however my father wanted this," Josiah said, "Oh I see..." Irene responded. "It's getting late, I should get home by dinner," Irene smiled getting up.

"Alone, in your mansion..." Josiah suddenly blurted, with a straight face with numb eyes, "Josiah-" Darius spoke with his face shocked. Almost everyone should know about the story, the misfortune of Irene Gracia or the Grand Duke's Neglected Daughter.

Mal's face darkened, she was about to say something to defend her lady, however, she saw the white hair walking up to the little Crown Prince slowly.

Reaching somewhat close to him, Irene smiled brightly, "Isn't it better that way! Food to yourself and surrounded by your loving servants who care about your existence, your loved ones," Irene said happily.

Josiah stood up, "Yeah, sounds like a dream," he smiled genuinely and waved bye, dragging Darius with him. "Oh yeah see you at my banquet."

Irene just stood there.

"Lady Irene..." Mal looked at the child with pity in her eyes, "What? I have you guys, I will never let go of the fact, how you guys surrounded me with warm faces and care," Irene spoke with her face down with her hair covering her face.

"My lady..." Mal said touched by the child's words, "What's up with Josiah's response..." Irene said ticked off. Mal's eyes widened, "Your upset about that?" Mal questioned the little girl, however, the girl just huffed and walked the other way mumbling something.

"Mal, call a carriage." Irene ordered looking ticked off, "As you wish my lady," Mal responded.

On the trip on, Irene just was thinking about what Josiah said, a dream?

Irene tsked looking at the trees passing by, this world was very pretty and unrealistic, Irene looked at the trees and watched the town getting smaller.

How peaceful...

Once Irene arrived at the mansion she was greeted by a worried Elle, jealous Roxy, and a sulking Ralph, Irene smiled at the warm presence, she realized how much she relayed on them. So this is why this was the most loved place, OG Irene Gracia.

Irene suddenly felt bitter. She stepped out of the carriage and hugged Elle. "Oh my, what's this for?" Elle laughed carrying up Irene, "Everything," Irene said softly, "I don't know what's going on with you today, however, I like it." Elle's eyes softened.

"Lady Irene? Is that you? Did some angel take over your body?" Ralph asked, but was elbowed by Roxy, "Shut up, Lady Irene is always an angel," she said walking behind Elle.

Ralph rubbed his side and shrugged as he walked beside Roxy.

However Mal watched this scene with a twist of worries in her stomach, maybe she was overthinking things. She sighed and followed behind them, easily carrying the bags the boys had trouble with earlier on.

"I'm hungry, what's for dinner?" Irene asked, "Well the chef has prepared..." Elle explained the dinner course for today and Irene listened to it a bit, she was a bit hungry to pay attention. Elle realized, and smiled, "Bring the food," Elle ordered.

Elle is the head maid of Irene's mansion. This is Irene's home, everything here is her possession.

Irene enjoyed the meal with a smile, the food never disappoints, Irene thanked the chef and the cooks for their work.

"Elle call everyone here," Irene said to Elle, then the confused grown woman nodded and called up everyone to the dining room.

Irene looked at the staffs' faces one by one and greeted them with a smile, "Mal, bring out the gifts," the white-haired said. Mal walked away and came in with bags.

"Here's my gift to you," Irene cheered.

The night ended with smiles. Some cried, by some means Ralph, who knew he was the most emotional one. (I am shocked how many times I used the word "smile" here.)

Elle tucked Irene to bed, as usual, Elle, Roxy, and Mal are always on duty with the night routines and everything, Ralph is always stationed outside of her door.

"Good night my lady," Elle said kissing Irene in the forehead, "mhm," Irene responded sleepily, the maids smiled and left the room.

This will be the memory core.

Irene drifted off to bed.

Josiah closed his book and sighed, looking at the window then eyeing the servants in his room, "I want to go to bed now," he said, they nodded and left.

Josiah laid down and looked at the ceiling pondering.

One wishes for love from their family and one wishes for space from their family, some describe the relationship of the Villainess and the Male Lead. Some readers say they could've been a match made in hell and heaven, however, their different paths lead them to different fates.

Maybe things will change.

~Author's Note~

The promised chapter. :) Enjoy!

- ANMU