40.Forever.

The restaurant was pretty empty. Probably since it was Christmas eve and all. We sat at a table next to a window, the view was beautiful.

"Thank you." Ryan said with a small smile as he watched me looking at the view. "For what?" I asked and turned around to him.

"For coming here with me. My family really liked you, too." I smiled at that. I hoped they would like me. And thankfully nothing was ruined with Chris when she found out about me and Ryan.

"I like them too. Chris especially." I added causing him to chuckle.

"You know the day at the cabin." I started. He instantly smirked thinking of a different memory then me.

"She told me something, Chris." His smirk sank and curiosity filled his face.

"She told me to hold onto you." It wasn't really important for him to know. I just thought I'd tell him.

"We'll will you?" He asked. It was a silly question really. As if he thought I would say no.

"How could I not. I tried, but failed remember?" I asked bringing back his memories. I loved watching him think. I wanted to know everything going on in this head. All the little memories and thoughts.

"I couldn't stay away from you if I tried." I said to him from across the table.

He smiled as his foot slightly brush against mine. "You stayed away from me when you pretended to date Carlos." He said and I shot him a stupid look.

"Did I really thought. First I kissed you in the closet at Tyler's party." I began.

"Then the cabin." He added making sure I would not forget it. But how could I forget.

"Can't forget the cabin. The cabin where we not only kissed, remember?" He asked.

"Yes, our first time together." I did not have a lot of memories from that night. The fever had erased mostly. But what I did remember was messy. It was wild and we were purely hungry for one another.

He slowly reached into his pocket for something. I was totally into my own thoughts about everything that had happened to us.

"Merry Christmas." He said as he placed a little present on the table. I looked up at him in confusion.

Had he found my present and felt like he had to give me something back? No, I hid it very well. There is no way he could have found it.

"Open." I had to mentally unfreeze myself.

I took the present in my hands. It was light. I unwrapped the paper slowly. A little box was revealed. I opened it and found a silver necklace inside. It was shaped like a infinity sign.

"It's beautiful." I said and looked up at him in thanks. "You know what this means right?" He asked seriously. I looked at him questionably.

"You and me, we are forever now. If you put it on of course." My heart was beating fast. Not because I was nervous, but because I wanted this. Me and him forever.

I gave the necklace to him and held up my hair so he could put it on me. He lightly kissed my neck before he clipped it on.

Forever

When I sat back down again I reached into my handbag and pulled up the gift I had for him.

"You got me a gift?" I nodded and he smiled beginning to open it.

He held the ring box up to me and laughed. "Tessa, are you proposing to me right now?" I laughed back and shock my head.

He opened the box and took the ring out. "Look closer." I said to get him to see what was carved on it.

"My always." He read. "Same rules for you. Put it on and this is forever." I said and looked him straight in the eyes as he didn't even hesitate before putting it on.

It fit perfectly.