Chapter 40 - The Master of Magic Tower's summons.

It's been a week since Lucas and Selene came to the Magic Tower.

Nothing much happened except the usual letters sealed with the House of Reynold's insignia telling me to come back home.

They were from Greg.

I received another one today. The content is short, unlike the letters he sent me before.

.

Allyssa,

As mentioned in Gregory's previous letters, there will be a Victory Day celebration that will be held on the ninth day of next month.

Everyone in the family is expected to attend. That includes you. Your attendance is obligated.

Come back home.

Your father.

.

Yeah right.

These past three days he was using father's name in his letters to persuade me.

He even imitated Father's handwriting.

But this time Greg went another level and even imitated Father's signature.

But, whatever.

I decided to ignore the letter, as always.

It's not that I don't want to return back to my family.

Although the truth is, I'm not ready to face my parents with this obvious baby bump that keeps on growing bigger.

Greg already told me in previous letters that my parents were already aware of my situation and they want me to come home despite that.

That's not the problem.

It's just that I really don't want to go to that Victory banquet.

Selene and Lucas will be celebrated as national heroes on that day.

I know, I know.

I shouldn't think about the novel anymore. This world already strayed too far from the novel's plot.

The celebratory Victory banquet will be held in two weeks. It is nine months earlier than it was supposed to be.

But, their noble achievements are the same. So the purpose of the party is to honor them.

Of course, as the daughter of the Ducal House of Reynold, I would have to greet them.

I don't want to.

After all that happened recently, I don't have the guts to face both Lucas and Selene.

Urgh.

Things will totally be awkward if I did.

Just imagining it made me feel like vomiting.

Can't blame the pregnancy for that one!

Huuu...

So I decided. At least, until the Victory celebration is over and done with, I won't return home.

That was what I thought.

But just when I'm done with my lunch, Oscar came home with a serious look on his face.

Not his usually smiling face.

"Allyssa."

He even called me Allyssa, not Ally. It was worrisome.

"What's wrong, Oscar?"

I asked him cautiously.

He took a deep breath.