Chapter 23

...Don't you dare even try to convince me,
Don't you lie 'bout the way that we could be...

~ (Plastic love; English version)

~~~

I kept staring at her while words were stuck in my throat. Kiran looked at me with determination and waited patiently for me to say what I wanted to say.

"Abbaaaaa! I can't do this! There must be another way for this!" I whined.

"Come on! You just need to lighten your tongue. Then words will come out on their own!" She argued. She must have been waiting for this moment.

I sigh escaped my lips. I got an assignment. To be precise, I got the assignment. Why on earth would you want to bring up your issues out of nowhere given with a fucking deadline?

Adithya Thompson, my therapist, asked me to share something vulnerable with my girlfriend, Kiran.

As if!

Kiran comes to my side of the table and sits on my lap while hanging her hands over my shoulders. "Kiran, I suggested the table for a reason—"

Kiran's lips descended on mine, capturing them for a lingering kiss. My hands coiled around her waist and I was about to deepen the kiss, she moved away with a sly smirk.

That's not fair!

"What?" I asked bewildered.

"Now. Tell me what you were going to tell." She commanded as if a second ago she didn't arouse with just a fucking kiss!

"You've got it so wrong Kiran!" I turned her my way with a jerk, making her gasp "you are not the one who can make calls right now." My lips reached for her's with vigor and clenched my hands around her waist and hair.

Her fists clenched while wrinkling my shirt in those writing-addicted palms. "Y-You wanted to talk..." She whispered as she tried to get away from me.

"And who's fault is that?" I remarked while gently biting the nape of her neck.

"Vijay." This time she successfully pushed me away while glaring at me. "I just wanted to make you feel comfortable. Who knew even Vijay Kumar could think with his dick?" She chuckled while I looked at her incredulously.

And now she's making fun of me...?

She tilted her head and took me into a loving embrace "even after you tell me everything, you'll find me on your lap only. Okay?"

It's a cliche for me to think this right now, but I feel thankful for her mere existence in my life.

"Thank you," I mutter into her chest and take a deep breath "My father's name is Sanjay Kumar." Kiran hums as if she knew his name. Maybe she knew. He was not less than a celebrity.

"I don't know if you knew about this, he was part of this minor scam he got involved..."

"I read about it..." She softly whispered against my hair while I continued.

"It's not like he was falsely accused, he was genuinely part of it," I assured her so that she won't feel bad for him. But again, she just hummed in response. I didn't read much into her reply.

"To me, my father was a hero. Seeing all the movies made on police, I thought even my father might be one of those macho men, you know?" Kiran nodded. "My mother was an army officer. So, she always wanted discipline and decorum at home, too.  That's why I was always close with my father."