You/Rebekah Mikaelson/Hayley Marshall - Protective

AN: Never seen the show so it might be entirely inaccurate

You hid behind Niklaus as you felt their stares. You weren't sure what their intent was by looking at you like that but you didn't like it. Previous experiences led you to believe that nothing good ever came out of them and you wanted no part of it. Wanting to leave the club, you tugged Niklaus' sleeve to grab his attention.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I think I'm going to be heading home. Are you ready to leave?"

He looks at your frightened expression and then at the woman he had been talking to before letting out a sigh and turning to face you.

"I'm ready to go. Come on."

Niklaus wanted to stay a little longer but if he asked you to stay for a couple of minutes, he knew you would leave on your own. You were still afraid of going out in the dark by yourself but that still wouldn't stop you from leaving. Whenever you wanted to leave a place, it's because something made you uncomfortable and ended up reminding you of your ex. Just thinking about him made his blood boil. He planned to kill him if he ever saw him again.

"I'm sorry, I know you wanted to stay."

"Don't apologize. If I wanted to stay then I would've stayed. Don't worry about it. What happened at the club? Did someone bother you?"

You thought about the two women who couldn't stop staring at you and then shook your head. They didn't exactly look like they would hurt you but you knew looks could fool someone.

"It was just these two women. They wouldn't stop staring at me and it made me uncomfortable."

Niklaus stops walking, making you bump into him.

"What?! Lets go back then. I'll have a word with them."

"Niklaus, please. I just want to go home."

He looks down at your pleading eyes and then back at the club. He could always come back later in the night and see if he could find them.

"Alright. Lets go home."

X

Since that night, you couldn't' help but constantly feel their presence around you. It felt like you were being constantly watched and it made you paranoid. Everything made you jump and Niklaus was getting worried by the second. You wouldn't tell him what was going on and he couldn't help but assume that your ex had returned.

"(y/n), you know that you can tell me anything."

"I know, Niklaus."

"Then please tell me what's going on, why are you being jumpy about everything."

If you didn't tell him something, he was going to continue asking you so a little lie wouldn't hurt him.

"I've just been getting nightmares. That's it. I can handle a few nightmares."