❋Your worth

Chapter 26- Your worth

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋

The palms of the human's hands rested on the ground, they felt as if their body was disintegrating. Chara growled and raised back up, their legs stumbled so slightly.

"Can you skeletons stop appearing?!" They screamed, and flinched as they felt their skin stinged from the blast. They took big breaths, and coughed out more of the dark substance and turned their gaze towards the direction of the blast.

There stood another skeleton, Outer. He leaned against the doorframe, just from the dark edges of his eye-sockets anyone could tell he was drained. Barely holding onto the frame, as he slowly dropped onto the ground with heavy breaths.

"...Stop it." Outer raised his voice louder, and with a scowl on his skull he glared at the human with the dulling pink cheeks. The drained skeleton tried to get back up, but only managed to stand against the doorframe.

"That's enough.... Chara you need to rest." With the stern look they received from the drained skeleton, they stood still gripping onto the knife. The skeleton took a moment and took a big inhale and limped towards the human.

"Isn't it exhausting? to hurt monsters?" He asked, and flinched slightly and kneeled down onto the ground full of rocks.

"Look at you. You're even barely standing up, and you're expecting me to stop and rest? Don't make me laugh." The human crossed their arms, and stared at Outer but froze as they heard a muffled sound.

"Starry!" Killer called out whilst holding a wrapped up blanket in his arms, being careful he ran towards his beloved. "What are you doing...?" He asked as he glanced towards the human, who looked slightly stunned.

Outer only gave him a small smile, as Killer extended his free hand towards his husband. He lifted the space themed skeleton and the two looked at Chara who tched in disgust.

"Now that your situation has been done, are you going to stop this nonsense?" Chara asked.

"I told you this before and I'm saying it again...I'm not leaving my family. Especially not now, even if some kid wants to change the universe." Killer sighed and handed the wrapped up bundle to Outer, with the empty eye-sockets he stared right through Chara.

"..I get it kiddo,you just want to go back and fix it...give them the happy ending they deserve." Killer paused for a moment, and looked down taking big breaths. As he looked back at Outer, the exhausted and drained smile Outer managed allowed the skeleton to look back at the human with confidence.

"But it doesn't mean you ruin mine Chara."

"...Wow...just..wow! I honestly cannot believe you, do you not care about them? or even miss them Killer?" Chara laughed quietly and slid their finger against the blade of the knife.