❋The Eclipse

~Video by FlakyChan~

Chapter 22- The Eclipse

Proceed with caution! There's an image that might be scary for some viewers

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋

"Chara?!" The goat stepped back, who glanced towards the bed where the corpse laid and then back at the newly formed human.

"Who else would it be silly?.." They snickered and opened their arms towards him.

"But...you just..." Asriel muttered, continuing to back away from their sibling. Chara froze, as they stared at Asriel.

"Well Azzy, I'm alive... We'll free the monsters, and everyone will be happy!" Chara exclaimed and sprinted towards the goat prince and grabbed his paws. In disbelief he snatched his paws away from them, Chara then perked their head towards their brother.

"I---I just saw you die?! A...and suddenly... there's two of you....a..and you're in-front of me?!" Asriel breathed heavily, gripping onto his heart locket. Chara's legs stood awkwardly.

"...I can explain Asriel- I know...this is all confusing right now...I'm sorry..." They frowned and stared at him. Asriel then fell onto the ground and hugged his knees.

Fazed, as Chara saw their brother in distress, they kneeled down infront of him and looked down. They waited until he settled down.

Asriel breathed our heavily for a few more minutes, and finally he letted out a sigh. "Are you okay Asriel...?" Chara asked.

"...Please just tell me what's going on." He begged, and Chara only bit their lip.

"You see Azzy....I'm still Chara but from a different universe!" Asriel then tilted his head.

"A different universe?" Asriel questioned.

"Mhm... our...plan didn't work Asriel, and...well neither of us didn't free everyone..." They sighed. "I became a spirit... and I couldn't do much, until there was one way that could finally get the happy ending everyone else deserves." They perked their head back up and smiled.

"The countless timelines... the infinite universes... there was a new way to get everyone onto the surface permanently!" Chara grinned, and Asriel looked away from their sibling. "...Asriel?"

"Chara..I'm sorry this is just a lot to take in..." Asriel sighed and avoided to look at the human. "I...need to be left alone."

Those words echoed through Chara's mind. Their effort, the time and even their demise... wasted. They clenched their fist into one, and they breathed as if they were a dragon. They laughed quietly and pulled the chocolate brunette hair as their strands tightened at their scalp.

"...Who am I kidding...?" They chuckled. "You aren't my Asriel...this isn't my universe and you wouldn't understand...I'm sorry for dragging you into this. I'll fix it." Quietly they cried, expelled the familiar black liquid more and Chara clutched the stained green sweater.

"...Wait Chara!" Asriel reached their hand towards Chara, and the human just left. Their frown turned into a grin, as they made their way through the corridors of the castle.

"Finally... where the hell were you two?" Chara asked as the peering tar skeletons appeared from the shadows.

"We were looking for you! But we couldn't of risked being seen." One of them exclaimed, and Chara continued to grin at the skeletons.