Begin Again • Sam Wilson (a.)

MAIN OC • Bess Hadera

LOVE INTEREST • Sam Wilson

FACECLAIM • America Ferrera

OCCUPATION • Psychologist

"I brought pie- is that The Winter Soldier in your living room?"

Bess Hadera and Sam Wilson had been neighbors for over a year. They weren't exactly best friends, but they weren't simply neighbors either. When Bess lost her job as a guidance counselor due to budget cuts, she thought she'd never find a passion like that again. That is until Sam recommended her for a job at the VA.

It was easy for them to fall for each other, slowly growing from neighbors to best friends, and then something unspoken and much deeper. It took a while for Bess to work up the courage to ask him to a dinner date, but just as soon as their story began, it came to a screeching halt. Sam went off to fight a mad Titan and never returned. The blip took half the population, and with it was Sam Wilson.

So Bess was forced to mourn. The loss of her best friend, and the loss of what could have been. She processed her grief in every stage. Bess couldn't say his name aloud for months. She raged and cried and blamed everything on his damned hero complex.

In the wake of the blip, Bess took a leading role in the continuation of the VA, focusing on grief counseling, and slowly started to open up herself. But just when she felt that things were looking up, she'd be reminded of him and it was as if the world was crashing down upon her. Whether it be a hawk circling in the sky or a passing scent of his cologne. The last connection she had to him was his sister, Sarah, and his nephews, who she doted on like they were her own.

Five years later, she had finally accepted that her best friend was gone for good. She moved through life with a new purpose, didn't feel as if she was missing a part of her every day. Then The Avengers did the impossible, they reversed The Blip. Suddenly the world was at full capacity. The man she loved was back from the dead. But Bess was not the same woman she was when he disappeared and picking up where they left off was easier said than done.

Sam readjusts to a life without Steve Rogers, and shoulders the burden of the shield. Dealing with these monumental changes prove to be nearly impossible, but he knows one thing - he needs Bess Hadera in his life. It's a simple plan, donate the shield, shed the title of Captain America and focus on rebuilding a life on his own terms. But when a new Captain America is dubbed and everything turns upside down, winning back the woman he loves will be one battle among many.

NOTES
• Bess had a neglectful family and is not in touch with them. Sam's family will be extremely special to her.
• Bess has been visiting Sarah and the boys once a month to give Sarah a helping hand.
They healed together and became super close. She is like an aunt to the boys.

•