Chapter 7 (Vansh POV)

Vansh's pov

We were on the cruise, the whole family enjoying the holiday. I loved spending some time with my family, and not thinking about working all the time.

Dadi was telling us some stories when Ishani, my sister, and me were young, when I saw a familiar face who wasn't one of my family member's.

"Dadi I saw a friend so I'm going to say hello." She nodded and continued to tell the story to Ishani.

I neared him and saw him observing the view. He was standing in the bow, concentrated on the sea ahead of him. He was so focused on the sight, that he didn't even hear me approach him from behind.

"Hello, Inspector. It seems like we meet again." He just ignored me and continued staring at the sea. "You know, Inspector, it's impolite to ignore people when they're talking to you."

"What do you want to know, Mr. Raisinghania?"

"Call me Vansh." I said. "Didn't anyone tell you that you greet a person back when they greet you?"

He sighed in annoyance and turned his head to look me straight in the eyes. "Hello, Vansh. What do you want now from me, after sending me on holiday on the same cruise as yours?"

"Oh, so you know." Interesting, very interesting. He's smart, and I didn't imagine him as a clever cop.

"I may not be able right now to get evidence against you, but you can't doubt my investigative skills. I became a cop after years of training, so thinking that I wouldn't doubt that just as I had the talk with you, I go to the Commissioner's office, he tells me to take a break without even listening to what I was saying. Doesn't it sound fishy?"

I just stood there and stared at him, not saying anything, and smirked. I know that he didn't like my smirk, and his face was showing frustration, he was clenching his jaw and his fists.

That made me smile.

He took a deep breath and said "It seems like you smile a lot when I'm near you, why don't you just take a picture, in that way it will last longer. And whenever you wanted to smile you could just watch my photo."

"It doesn't sound bad. You know, it's never bad staring at someone that makes you smile."

He tried but failed to hide a little blush that crept on his cheeks. That made me smile even wider.

He cleared his throat, fake a smile, and asked "Can you tell me why I'm here, in the cruise as yours?"

I noticed that when he started to get irritated, he'd put a fake smile to irritate me. But his action had a totally different reaction on me.

"Hmmm, nice question."

"Oh, let me guess. You started to like me, so you just wanted to have me near you."

"I don't mind sticking to that answer."

"Listen, Vansh..."

I didn't hear what he was saying because I noticed a girl talking to my other sister Sia. I was very protective of her because she's in a wheelchair and many times happened that people made fun of her. It's not like they didn't pay for it. Kabir noticed that I wasn't paying him any attention, so he snapped his fingers to get my attention.

"What are you looking at?" He looked at the direction I was staring at and exclaimed "Are you serious? You are looking at a girl while I'm talking to you?"

"Come on, Inspector, don't get jealous. But I have to go now."

I walked away and went where Sia was with that girl. When I reached them, I positioned myself behind Sia's wheelchair.

"Sia?"

"Yes, bhai (brother)?"

"Who's she?"

The girl extended her hand and said "Ridhima. Nice to meet you."

I shook her hand and said "Vansh Raisinghania."

She smiled, but I kept a straight face. I knew that she was feeling uncomfortable, but I continued staring at her. After sometime, she cleared her throat, excused herself and bid us a goodbye.

When she was far enough, I grabbed the handles of the wheelchair and headed where our family was.

"Why were you there all alone? And why were you talking to a stranger? How many times have I told you not to talk to a stranger?

"Calm down, bhai. She seemed to be a sweet girl."

"Yeah but..."

"Can't I have friends bhai?"

"Of course you can!"

"So what's the problem?"

I didn't answer but I can't just let an unknown person be near Sia. I'll ask Angre to do a check on her.

Please VOTE, share and comment if you're liking KaVa' story. Let me know your opinions.

Lots of love, Maya.