Chapter 17

*Blair's POV*

"The rogues are after you," Mark says. I knew it. I knew something was up that he wouldn't tell me.

"What the fuck? Blair did you just spell me!?" He yells snapping out of the spell.

"Yes," I respond truthfully.

"You have that much disrespect in me as your Alpha to disrespect me!?" He yells at me. I was about to answer when I felt his hand go against my cheek. It happened so fast I didn't even feel the impact until after.

I felt the tears build up in my eyes even though I've felt worse pain. This pain came from my own mate though. The one who isn't supposed to hurt me.

"Shit, Blair I-" but I cut him off but slapping him with my own hand. I leave him shocked and walk out of the car. Then I make sure to block my own emotions and mind link to him.

I know shifting in the middle of a mall parking lot was a no-go so I went with my next option, running into the store. I could hear him not only calling my name but reaching up to me. So I ran to the only place I knew he couldn't enter.

The lady's bathroom.

Upon entering I noticed a window but also a girl with my exact height and hair color. Thank god I have brown hair.

"Excuse me," I say to her.

"Uh hi?" She responds.

"Listen, I promise no harm will come to you if you agree..but I just want to get someone off my back so if maybe we could switch clothes? Then they won't know?" She looks at me as if I've grown two heads. At this point, I agree with her. Even if we switch clothes her scent isn't mine.

"Sorry forget it," I tell her to which she nods slowly and leaves the bathroom. I looked back up towards the window and thought about it for another second until an idea hit me. I quickly walk over to the biggest stall I could find and lock it. I've been working on a transportation spell for a while now. Every time I've tried it though it doesn't work. I don't go too far into the darkness until I'm thrown back and am out of energy.

I guess it was a risk I was going to have to take.

"Translationem," I say quietly. Slowly, I walk into the dark circle in front of me. I focus on using my magic to bring me back to the pack house. I'm starting to get excited because it's the farthest I've ever gotten. I can see the packhouse!

I'm almost there. Until I hear my name from the other world. Markus must be in the bathroom. With one last breath, I run as fast as I can towards the packhouse. Clearly, right on time since I heard my name once again sounding like it was right next to me.

In an instant, I step out of the dark circle to the packhouse doors right in front of me. Once I'm out the portal closes on its own.

I run into the house looking for Jones. Finally, I find him in the kitchen stuffing his face with donuts.

"Oh hey, Blair, I thought you were shopping with Mr. Alph's," he says.

"I was but I don't want to be anywhere near him right now. But listen I need your help before he gets here." I tell him.

"Uh I don't know Blair.."

"Please," I tell him giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, what is it?"

"When Mark gets here..tell him I'm not hurt and to not send a whole search team after me. I'm leaving for a few days though and for him to not come after me." I tell him.

"But why? Did he do something?"

"Yes, now listen to me..I'm going to my parent's old pack. I'll be back in a few days. Five at the most. Do not let him go or give him the hint that I'm there. I doubt he would remember where it was but don't you dare tell him, understood?" I tell him strictly.

"Crystaly clear" He responds a bit shaken up. Good.

"Great, see you soon Blair," I say before grabbing a few apples and other snacks from the kitchen and leaving towards Mark and I's house. I stuff as much of the food I could into my backpack along with a few pairs of clothing. Then I grab my bow and arrow and spell book and leave the room. I knew he would be back soon so I shifted and made my way towards my parent's pack.

Not looking back once.