Chapter 10- Club Hunting

Chapter Ten- Club Hunting

"So, have you decided on any club ideas yet?" Isaac asked me after lunch.

"Isaac it's been," I checked my phone screen, "12 minutes since you last asked. What could I have decided in twelve minutes?" I asked dramatically.

"Ok, ok, geez, I think I could grab a list of open clubs if you want that." He offered.

"Sure." I said blandly. I wasn't into the whole club thing, but apparently there were a big deal here. I don't have too many hobbies, I mean if you don't count being nocturnal.

I didn't make much of a dent in my lunch. Eating had become sort of a secondary thing in my life. I can't help but to feel guilty or nauseous whenever I actually do eat something.

"See you after class then, by your locker. I could give you a quick look at the clubs you're especially interested in if you'd like." He offered. Why is he being so nice? I mean he's naturally a nice person, but what's with the extra-ness?

"Uh, okay, if you want to." I said indifferently.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

I praised God, or Satan, or the stars, or whatever the hell is up there, when I heard the final bell ring. I practically sprinted out of the room towards my locker, almost missing Grayson the way.

"Hey, man!" He called out in his deep voice.

"Hi." I said curtly.

"What are you up to later? Any plans?" He asked.

"Uh, I'm going to look at clubs." I replied shortly again.

"Okay, have fun, man." He said, obviously giving up on the conversation, making his way through the crowded halls.

As I approached my locker, I heard someone running down the hall in our direction. The sound of loud footsteps triggering things I'd rather forget. I cringed at the click-clacking, trying not to make a scene, so I bit my lip to stay calm.

The footsteps halted a few feet away.

"Jay Jay!" The voice called. It was Ashton.

"Um, hi. Also what the fuck did you just call me?" I asked, for some reason unable to meet his hazel eyes.

"Never mind that, so Isaac's caught up in some council stuff, so he wanted me to show you the clubs and stuff." He said straight to the point.

"Yeah, that's cool." I smiled up at him.

"Okay, come on, I'll take you to the chess club first." He began to lead the way.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"And this right here is the music club. Yeah, the name pretty much sums it up. Interested?"

"A little bit, sure." I said honestly. I'd played the piano my entire childhood and sang as well. Music was a huge part of my life.

"I'll see if we can take a peek." Ashton said, knocking on a wooden door. It creaked open to reveal an average looking guy, a little bit taller than me, but not nearly as giant as Ashton.

"Oh, hey, Ashton. What's up?" He asked.

"Jayden's looking for a club to join. Mind if we spectate?"