Chapter 16- Library

After a long ass day, the final bell rang and I practically sprinted out of the classroom. Probably a bad idea, since I slammed into someone on the other side of the door. I landed on my butt and cursed.

"Fuck! Sorry." I said, looking at whoever I ran into. Oh, it was the guy from the music room.

"Don't worry about it. What's the hurry, uh... Jayson?" Keith said.

"Jayden. And I'd rather not stay in the hell hole any longer, see you later?" I said, trying to walk around him.

"Wait! I actually came here to ask you something."

"Oh yeah? What's up?" I turned back around.

"I was wondering if you were free tonight. There's a senior party not far off grounds and a few of my buddies and I are going. Interested?"

"Hell, yeah! Is anyone I know going?" I asked. I preferred to know someone at a party so they know what to do if I drink too much.

"Yep! Ashton and Gray are gonna be there. The others aren't big on drinking or parties." He explained.

"Alright. I assume you know where my dorm is since you and Ashton are friends, so see ya." I spun on my toes and walked away.

I didn't have any plans besides going out to the party later, so I just wandered until I found something interesting. Anything to distract myself from thinking of my father.

I stumbled upon the library and glanced inside. It was pretty big, and looked peaceful, so I went in. I looked around and found Ashton sitting at one of the tables, obviously studying. I walked up to where he was sitting.

"Mind if I sit?" I asked. He shrugged, still focused on his books and notes. I peeked around his side to see what he was so interested in.

"Chemistry." He answered my unspoken question. I nodded. I swung my legs, bored, but not wanting to leave. I examined Ashtons face from the side. His hair fell in his eyes and he had a serious look on his face, making his hazel eyes look darker. He scrunched his nose once in a while, and pouted his lips slightly when he was confused.

My face rested on my hand as I found myself unable to look away from him. He bit his lip, focusing. I felt my face grow hot, realizing I'd been staring. I mean it's not my fault he's hot! I wonder if he has a girlfriend...

"Hey, Ashton?" I spoke up.

"Hm?" He responded, still caught up in his note taking.

"Do you have a giiiirlfriend?" I drew out.

"Nope." He turned to smirk at me for a second before turning back around. Oh he knows what he's doing.

"Thought so." I teased.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean, idiot?" He turned back around.

"Oh... nothing." I bit my lip to keep from laughing. He stared for a second before rolling his eyes and putting his attention back to his work.

"How long are you going to do that for?" I asked.

"Not sure. Maybe half an hour?" He said. I sighed, folding my arms on the table and putting my head down. Might as well take a well deserved nap! I was out before I knew it, the soft background noise of the library putting me right to sleep.

I woke up not too long later to someone brushing my hair back. What the fuck. I didn't open my eyes yet, not wanting him to stop. I felt Ashton hesitate for a second.

"Snap out of it." He whispered to himself as I felt his hand leave my face. I decided to pretend to sleep for another minute to not seem suspicious. He touched my face and nothing bad happened.

I like Ashton's touch. Realization dawned on me. I like Ashton.