CHP:-4

Enjoy reading guys

                             ***

A fresh scent of woods & rain hit me. My heartbeats took a pace. I felt Selena trying to say something but I was too occupied by the sweet smell.

"Mate!" She spoke making me rooted at my place. I looked around to find from which direction this smell was coming and saw a guy leaving the hall. I felt a pang in my chest thinking doesn't our mate want us? I could hear Selena whimpering.

With a fake smile, I cut the cake and fed to my mom and dad followed by Shadow and others. My eyes were searching for my mate, I had a bad feeling about it.

"Nutella, it's time for us to present your gift." Shadow's voice broke my trance. He turned around and I saw Phoenix walking in with a basket in her hand.

"*Gasp* Is it what I think?" I asked to which Shadow nodded.

"Happy Birthday sweetheart." He passed me a basket in which a baby Husky was sleeping. Oh my, he is so beautiful. I petted him to which he stirred in his sleep.

"I hope you liked him?" Phoenix asked looking nervous.

"I just loved him. Thank you guys." I hugged both of them. Party was in full swing, I decided to forget about my mate for now and enjoy my party. We walked towards dance floor and soon other members joined us. I was having fun dancing with Grace.

Once again my mate's scent strated lingering in the air and this time my eyes locked with a blue eyed guy and I knew he was none other than my mate. To my surprise he started walking towards me, with every step he took towards me, my heart started thumping more loudly.

Before he could reach towards me, I was pulled away by Grace in less noisy side of the hall.

"Annie, Annie..I need to tell you something!" She was jumping up and down like kangaroo.

"What happened? Why are you so hyper?" I asked trying to calm my best friend who doesn't seem to have a pause button.

"I met him, I met him, finally!"

"Met who?"

"My mate." I was surprised.

"He is beta of Silver Blood Pack ."

"I'm happy for you babe.I hugged her. I want all the deets after party. Okay?" She nodded and went away in search of her mate.

"I want mate, go to mate!" Selena whined making me sigh.

I turned around only to collide with something hard. Was there a wall her, I don't remember?" A chuckle brought me out of trance.

I looked up to find that it wasn't the wall rather it was my mate. I swear I was fan girling in my mind. He is so hot, damn! His blue eyes, sharp jawline, sexy beard and those pink lips!"

"Done checking me out?" His face void emotion.

I looked away being embarrassed, thank God it was little dark here or else he could have seen my red face .

"Umm.."

"I didn't even want a mate and please don't expect anything from me." Saying this he went away not before breaking my heart into thousand pieces. A year escaped my eyes,

"Don't cry Annie, he hasn't rejected us!" Selena spoke. I blocked her not wanting to talk with her. I was in no mood to go back in the party. A sob escaped my lips as I ran outside, nothing is more painful than your mate not wanting you.

I shifted into my wolf running through the woods. Only nature could calm me. I stopped by the lake and sat on one of the rock looking at bright moon and twinkling stars. I felt peace , I closed my eyes feeling sleepy.

I jerked up hearing rustling sound. I looked around to find anything suspicious when my eyes caught two red glowing dots. Rogue!

...

"Shadow rogues alert!" I mindlinked him as I saw more rogues coming into sight. Shit! How many are they? I lost the count as they slowly walked towards me.

It's not that I feared but I was just one against so many of them. It's now or never, I jumped  down the rock, running towards them, I bit one of them on the leg and scratched other with my nails. One of the rogue tried to grab me by my neck, but I moved back and bite him , killing him at spot. A sudden pain shoot my leg as one of the rogue bit me, I ignored the blood pouring down my wound and jumped to kill the other

My ears perked up as I heard many paws hitting the ground. I smirked knowing my pack is here.

"Fuc*!" I cursed as one of the rogues bit my back taking advantage of my distraction.

Howls were heard and I saw my brother and dad with other pack members rushing towards us.

Shadow's wolf Damien nuzzled into me and whimpered seeing my wounds. He stood before me like a shield and attacked rogue if they tried to come near me.

"Princess, go back to the pack house.  Mom is really worried and we have already informed pack doctors." Dad mindlinked me. I rushed back towards pack house as fast as I could. Wound in my leg was healed and so did my back. I turned back into my human form as I reached near pack house .

"My baby!" Mom engulfed me into a hug peppering kisses all over my face.

"Maa, I'm fine." I assured her , I was pulled into hug by Phoenix and Grace.

"Annie dear, I see your wounds are healed but to make sure you're healthy we need to do your full body check up." Uncle Zoe said to which I nodded.

...

"You are all good to go." Uncle Zoe said as  my reports turned out to be normal. I thanked him and moved towards pack house.

"Princess, I'm so proud of you." Dad took me into tight hug. I smiled but it soon flattered as I saw my so called mate looking towards me with blank face. Is he even human? I thought before moving towards my brother.

"Now everyone please take a seat, I have called this meet to discuss something important." Dad spoke in a serious voice. I looked around to find my family including Alpha Shivaay and his beta Om present in the room .

                                ***

Shivaay doesn't want a mate! Will he reject Annie?

What does Alpha Adrian want to talk about?

What is so special about Annie's wolf? To find these answers, Stay tuned!

         Do read, vote and comment.