THE DRAGON'S HOME

Highgarden 297 AC.

Olenna.

Seeing the dragon as it flew towards them, Olenna couldn't help but smile and be glad that this was the side she'd chosen. Listening to the reactions of those around her as they hurried outside, only making the reality of the situation even more clear. Yet it was the man riding the dragon that Olenna was truly happiest to see, Jae was needed here and she hoped that he'd deal with Mace in a way which saved face for them and for her foolish son.

She stood in line with the others as they waited eagerly and it was when she saw him properly that she heard the intake of breath behind her. Olenna could see the reason why too, the armor he wore was his father's or as close to it as he could have gotten. Soon though her attention was drawn away from the king and to the two men who followed and Olenna felt more proud than she'd felt since she'd found out about Jae and Margaery.

"Is that Loras?" Alerie said.

"It is, he's a Kingsguard." Willas said from her side, her grandson smiling at his brother.

Olenna couldn't remove the smile from her own face, her grandson looked incredible in his shined armor. His white cloak billowing behind him as he and Ser Arthur walked after the king. She knew it had been his dream ever since he was a boy, to be a knight, to serve in the noble order alongside other true knights. That he would do so for a good king and queen had been only a distant hope to her. As she looked to Margaery who was smiling and to Jae who despite looking to others couldn't keep from looking to her granddaughter, she knew she had gotten all she'd ever hoped for and more.

"Your Grace, Highgarden is yours." her son said as they all took a knee.

"Arise, Lord Tyrell, my Lords, and Ladies." Jae said and his voice was firm and strong, Olenna smiling when he kissed Alerie's offered hand and moved to do the same to hers.

"Lady Olenna." he said kissing her hand.

"Your Grace it's good to see you." she looked back at him as Jae moved to Sansa and then Margaery.

"My lady, a pleasure, truly." he said and Olenna didn't have to look to see that Margaery's smile was shared by Mace and her mother.

"Your grace if I may escort you inside." Margaery said and Jae nodded as he took her arm and they walked into the keep.

She immediately went to Mace and asked him to gather the lords as the king would no doubt wish to address them. Her son rushed to do as she bid. Olenna herself hurried after Jae and Margaery and almost expected her grandson and Ser Arthur to deny her entry to the room, where they now stood in guard at the door. The two of them did not though and she walked in to find her Margaery and Jae kissing each other passionately.

"Ahem." she coughed and she chuckled at the look Jae gave her when he turned her way.

"As king can I not just order you to leave." he said with a smirk that got a giggle from her granddaughter.

"You could your grace, of course, though I'd take my granddaughter with me." she said raising her eyebrow at him.

"Well in that case you're most welcome to stay my lady." he said as he sat down, Margaery taking a seat beside him.

She looked to the white wolf who sat not at the king's side but at Margaery's and a knock on the door soon brought Willas and Garlan inside, both her grandson's taking a seat when Jae nodded to them.