THE MELEE

Jaime

The crowd was starting to get excited as the competitors for the melee began to go through their paces. Jaime sat beside the king who was surprisingly sober and seemingly eager for the melee to begin. His sister sat there with her expression ranging from bored to furious every time she caught his eye, not that it bothered Jaime he was just glad she hadn't tried to seduce him again. Her son was an enigma to Jaime, all the Lannister looks yet none of the characteristics, he sat there with a bored look on his face and Jaime could see every ounce of his mother in him.

His brother had done an excellent job with the preparations, the archery had gone well and the king had been kept entertained, the meeting with Lord Arryn had gone the way he wanted it and Jon and Tyrion were meeting with Ser Wylis later. Jaime turned to his uncle who had left Joy behind for today, the melee no place for a little girl.

"Uncle, so who's your money on?"

"Clegane is probably the favourite, but I fancy the crazy priest."

"Thoros?"

"Aye, didn't you say he was first through the walls at Pyke?"

"Yeah, although I think he may have been drunk." Jaime laughed.

He watched as some of the competitors began to spar with their squires and companions, just a light workout to loosen the muscles, watching it made him wish he was down there himself if there was one thing he hated about hosting this tourney it was the fact he couldn't compete for his own prize money. He smiled as Jon and Tyrion made their way to the seats noticing the scowl Cersei gave Tyrion or was it Jon, hell the woman was scowling at both of them, what was that all about? He wondered.

"My Lord."

"Brother." the two said as they took their seats.

"So who'd you bet on this time Jon?." his uncle asked making Jaime shake his head, they'd all won good coin on Jon's tip for the archery, but there were few northerners in this fight.

"The mountain," Tyrion said getting a grimace from both Jaime and Jon.

"Jon here, however, seems to reckon the red priest is the one to watch out for, isn't that right Jon?." his brother added.

"Aye, the man was the first through the gates at Pyke and he wields a flaming sword, even if his skill isn't as much as other's that's going to be a big advantage."

Jaime nodded while catching his uncle's smirk, he and Jon had become very close due in a large part to Joy and the boy's own nature making him easy to befriend, winning the gold had Gerion singing his praises, god help us if Thoros wins he thought as he smiled.

Margaery

Margaery sat with her family, Garlan and Loras barely able to contain their excitement over the upcoming melee, she wasn't as keen on it as she was the joust or the squire's duels. She looked around the crowd and saw the king and queen sitting there, the king looked as excited as her brothers as he began to drink while the queen wore her usual bored expression. Is that what it's like being a queen, sitting there bored out of your mind while your husband drinks and gets excited over mock battles she thought to herself.

Almost the entire nobility of Westeros were here watching on, she saw the Tully's and the Arryn's, sitting together with the family bonds apparently still meaning something, the lords of the reach were spread all around her family, her uncle Paxter sitting with her grandfather's contingent and Lord Tarly, as usual, sitting on his own. Apart from the few northerners and the lack of the Dornish everyone important had come to revel while pretending to pay respects to the old lion.