S&A 4.

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

Silence prevailed in the room. Asfand stared at his nephew expecting him to start talking but just as Shahzar opened his mouth to say something a scream stopped him.

All eyes turned to the door and then everyone was out of the room and rushing downstairs from where the sound came from.

In the middle of the living room stood two figures. Minha stood scared in front of Afeerah, while Afeerah stood with her hand in Ashar's who blew on it and applied some ointment on it. She looked to be in extreme pain but had pursed her lips to stop her self from screaming again.

Asfand ran to his daughter while Shahzar followed his heart beating wildly seeing fat tears glittering in her eyes.

"Yeh kaisa hua" Asfand yelled in fury. Minha flinched as Ashar threw a pointed look towards her.
(How did this happen)

"Yeh isse poochein. Jab kaam Karna nahi aata tu karti kion ho?" Ashar yelled as he glared at the girl who stood plastered to her mother.
(Ask her. If you don't know how to do chores why do you even try?)

"Ashar gussa qaabo me rakhen" Arshad said firmly sitting next to his granddaughter.
(Ashar keep your anger controlled)

Shahzar felt pain constricting his heart seeing the huge burn mark on her hand. He slowly walked over to the couch nearest to her. His eyes filled with concern for her.

"Chola Jala Kar phone per baat Karne lawn me kion Gaye thi. Itni aqal tu honi chahiye tumme ke gas on karke fazool kaamon me nahi lagte" Ashar yelled in frustration.
(Who goes off to talk on their phone with the stove turned on. You should've known this much as to not ho wandering about after turning the gas on)

Minha flinched as tears gathered in her eyes as the man yelled in rage, she glared at the girl who the reason she was getting scolded but even she knew that she had forgotten to turn off the stove after she was done. It was her fault but she wasn't going to admit it.

"Apni behan ki galti Meri masoom beti ke sar nahi daalo usne chola jalaya tha Minha tu wahan thi bhi nahi."  Zubaida begum yelled trying to turn the situation around but everyone including herself knew Afeerah knew very well how to handle the kitchen.
(Don't put the blame for your sisters doings on my daughter she turned the stove on Minha wasn't even there)

"That's the thing tayi ammi she wasn't there and not knowing about the gas leaking Afeerah lit the match creating an explosion. Thank God the burn is not severe other wise I would've done something I wouldn't have regreted" Ashar said trying not to get scolded by his Dada jaan again.