FROZEN MOMENTS

'Here,' Akshay placed his credit card in her hands.
'Why are you giving me this?' She asked.
'You might need money when you travel,' he said.

Nakshatra smiled and placed it back in his hands. 'I have some savings,'  she said.
'Are you serious? That might not be enough,' He asked.
'I don't think so'
'Nakshu,what's wrong in taking this,' He asked.
'I will ask when I really need it,' She smiled.
'Still you have the right so keep it,' He insisted.
'But....'
'You are hiding something!' he asked with a known look on his face. 
'Huh?'
'Say it'

Nakshatra smiled at him and held his hand to make him sit on the bed and she kneeled down before him.
'Don't be angry then!'
'Depends on what you say,' He said with a stern face. 
'I know you will understand. Before coming to London, right after my college I used to work here and there without my parents knowing. I did that because I enjoyed doing it, even after moving to London I started doing part time jobs and in that way I did my savings,' she explained.
'In any way are you richer than me?' Akshay asked after a brief pause with a hint of suspicion to tease her. He was proud of her thoughts about self sufficiency and financial capabilities.
'Yes a lot more than you can imagine,' She said with a smile.
'How much my dear wife?' He asked dragging her next to him on the bed.
'Haha it's very much unlike you, dear Husband,' Nakshatra laughed at his silly questions.
'Then what is it to be "like me"? Akshay questioned again. He really wanted to know how she pictures him in her thoughts.
'I m still not sure about you but my husband is really caring, he knows me well and understands me better than myself. He loves listening to me and I am richer than you because I own him,' Nakshatra kind of confessed.
'Oh! I am really jealous of you now!' he said in a fake tone sighing deep.
'You should be Mister,' Nakshatra joked.
'By the way you just said that you own me...' Nakshatra understood where this was heading,'In what way exactly?' Akshay asked in a deep husky voice leaning towards her.
'In this way...' She slipped away from him grip, snatching his credit card from his hand. Flipping it she pointed at it, 'Am I allowed to shop the whole new collection?' She asked with a greedy tone.

'Yes! You are,' He laughed. 'But I know you won't and you can't,' He added.
Nakshatra made a sad puppy face,
'Yeah! That's there'.

Akshay couldn't help but to smile at her cuteness, he was falling for this woman every now and then but the realisation was far away from the shore.

'I will leave now,' Akshay said putting his laptop into the bag. 'Here....' he handed the coffee cup.

Nakshatra took it to find it empty,'You have finished it!' she complained looking deep into it.

Akshay who was about to kiss her goodbye came forward and she looked up at the same time, he kissed her on the lips in a snap. She was surprised for a moment and she blinked continuously to realise what just happened.

'See you,' Akshay hastily rushed out.
'See you soon!' Nakshatra whispered to herself feeling the ting of coffee flavor on her lips.

Late in the evening,

Nakshatra was preparing dinner for everyone in the kitchen. Her thoughts slowly went back to the sweet moment they had in the morning and without her conscious she was blushing like a teenage girl's first love encounter.