Chapter 40

Is it 2021 yet? I have a story for you all but I'll leave it till the end of this chap lmao.

"We have to give up our daughter? What does that mean?" Draven asked. 

I shrugged, "She just said when the time is right, similarly to me, the water will claim her as her own."

"I don't like that deal." Draven frowned, his beautiful skin knotting as he thought. I pressed my finger in between his eyebrows to straight out that knot. 

"Well we can just hide her then. What if we have a son anyway, then she can't take him. It's a daughter for  a daughter. Besides it's no different to what happened to me, I'm now a moon child, see, it's not that violent as it sounds. It's whatever fate decides right? We might not even have kids, I might not even be able to have kids because I'll be a wolf not a siren. My mother could only have me because she let her siren self take over. I just don't think its a current problem for us."

"What about your mother? Will you forever be a wolf?"

"Yeah. I can go into the water like she can visit me. Very rarely of course but that's ok my mother can come here and we can all meet up everytime. I think it's the best way."

"What is the success rate of this happening?" Draven lifted up my bones to his face, looking at them weirdly, "What if it get's worse?"

"Then I die." I pulled my bones out of his hand and let it go back into the water, "But it's my choice and I already made my choice so are you with me or not, otherwise I'll have to find someone else to chew me because I already committed to this,"

Draven narrowed his eyes at me, "You're going to find someone else? Not on my watch," He pulled me out of the water and across his lap, my tail still in the water, "You're mine Thelea, and I'll do anything, anything to make sure I still have you."

"Then bite me."

"Now?" He asked surprised, "Here?"

I shrugged, "Why not, why wait? Will it hurt?" I asked.

Draven ran a hand over the side of my face, before he wrapped his long fingers, with skin, around the back of my neck.

"It's not meant to, but everything is different with you so I think it will."

"Are you going to suck my blood?" I asked, "I know how vampires work." I told him.

Draven chuckled, "No, I'll just mark you as mine, well my wolf will, and then is that it?"

"I think so."

"Should we check with your mother first...or your father."

"Just bite me." I told him, he was wasting time. What if the water goddess changed her mind and she wanted me back, it was too late as she broke a piece of her fin off on our tails and made me do the same, a trade so every time I swam I knew I was bound to her. She can't take back that promise.

Draven bent towards me, his face so close to mine that I could feel his breathe on me, "Close your eyes."

I shut them, I didn't want to see him biting me either. I felt his lips on mine instead, they were soft and warm, sending sharks into my stomach. 

"Is that it. Am I a wolf now?"I opened my eyes.

Draven chuckled, "No, brace yourself." he turned his head, and I felt his lips on my neck. He told me it would hurt, but I didn't realise it felt like clams snipped against your neck and refusing to let go.

Everything went black.

* * * 

When I was a kid, I was always left alone. The other sirens never wanted to play with me because I wasn't like them, and I never understood what they meant. They always said I was weird, perhaps I was.