Prologue

All is fair in love and war, when love is abused, and war is used.

When an Alpha is born, it is not based on power, or strength, or ascendancy. The Alpha is trialled on their will, their determination, and their magic. An Alpha is born into a bloodline, but it does not choose the firstborn, nor the one that has trained their whole lives for the title, it chooses the one who is worthy, the one who was born to lead.

And a King, a king is chosen by magic itself.

Back when history was still writing itself, our lands were ruled by one Alpha, who was crowned King. He brought the packs together to live in cooperation and harmony, he created peace between lycanthrope kind. He dedicated his life, pored all his power and magic into making the lycanthrope world untroubled and fair.

Each pack had an Alpha to watch over and protect them, but all Alpha's had one King.

As time passed, peace was not long held. Some Alpha's sons grew jealous and hateful towards the King. The sons, not worthy to hold the Alpha title, their magic too weak and consumed, slay their fathers, and crowned themselves Alpha.

Then the war happened, consumed by rage and dark magic, war broke out between the new Alphas' and the King. The sons rallied hundreds of packs against the Kingdom, manipulating and spreading lies to gain support.

The King fell. Thousands died, and thousands mourned, for the loss of their loved ones, their king and the peace that once was.

The sons, filled with victory, arrogance, self-importance, and a deep burning rage, mated with another, and each crowned themselves king in their own packs, expanding their territories by invading neighbouring packs, and claiming the stolen land as their kingdom.

The post war raged on for centuries, the Alpha's becoming more and more corrupt, the magic in their veins becoming darker; and the tradition of a worthy Alpha faded. However, their magic, although lay dormant for years upon years, is hovering just under the surface, waiting for the right time to crack open, and once again be free.