Epilogue

The last chapter

Alexs POV

*Their two year anniversary*

I tuck my tie into the blazer and look over myself.

"Stop being so nervous." I tell myself before slipping the tiny box into my pocket. 

I check in the mirror to make sure it isn't noticeable but that's when Ethan comes up behind me, standing on his tippy toes and wrapping his arms around my neck. He presses his head onto my shoulder.

"Hey." He says quietly.

"Hey." I say almost breathless.

Two years of dating and I still never get tired of him.

"Are you almost ready?" He asks.

"I'm almost never ready for a dinner and then a party." I chuckle.

"Yes but the dinner is just us. And then the party is family. They want to celebrate with us. You know they're always happy for us and how far we've come." He smiles at me through the mirror.

"I know. I know. I just wish I had more us time." I turn around to face him, putting my hands on his waist.

"We had time last night. And the night before." He winks at me.

I roll my eyes.

"Let's get going you pervert." I shake my head.

"Says the one that would be totally willing to skip dinner just to have fun." Ethan laughs.

"Don't tempt me." I say before walking out of the room and down to the car.

Ethan is honestly going to be the death of me. 

"I've missed Astor." Ethan says as he is getting in the car.

"You'll see him soon enough. The party is in three hours. I think you can last that long considering you've lasted two nights without him." I look over and him and then start the car.

"Yes but he was only supposed to be gone for one. Before deciding to ditch us and stay at your moms for another night." He whines.

"What are you gonna do when he goes off to college?" 

"Cry." He says in an instant.

"We'll discuss it another time I suppose." I try to brush off the topic.

Exposing my idea before doing a different idea could confuse and mess up things. I'm not willing to do that.

I park the car and get out, running over and opening Ethan's door.

"You don't have to." He blushes and smiles as he gets out.

I close the door behind him and grab his hand.

"Of course I do." 

We walk into the restaurant and at this point they know me very well. We come at least once a month for a date night. And I may have called many times to prepare this date.

"Right this way Mr. Pierce and Mr. Ezell." 

He leads us to our usual table, secluded from everyone else.

"Are you going to try something new this time?" I ask as we sit down.

"Probably not, you know I-" He gets cut off.

"What would you like to drink." Our waiter comes up and makes eye contact with Ethan

"Coke please." Ethan says.