Chapter Thirteen

•Chapter Thirteen•
*Nadines POV

I pull my shirt down a little bit, making sure my stomach is completely covered. Can't have August getting any ideas. I see August in the distance, holding a daisy. He comes closer, smiling. When he reaches me, he extends his hand and gives me the daisy. I smile, taking it.

"You look amazing." He smiles as his eyes rake over my body.

I feel uncomfortable and try not to gag. You are doing this for Alex, Nadine.

"Thank you." I force a smile.

"For tonight you have to pretend to be my girlfriend. If you have no relation to me, he won't let you in. We've been dating for a few years now. Met in our first year of college." He grabs hold of my hand and walks me to his car.

"What- But. We're just friends?" I ask, coming out squeakier and faster than I expected.

"If you want this job, you have to listen." He looks at me seriously.

I nod and keep my mouth shut. This is for Alex. I hop in his car and buckle up. August looks over at me and places his hand on my thigh. I squirm uncomfortably but he doesn't seem to take that as a sign of me being uncomfortable.

"We can head back to my place after this. You seem to be squirming with anticipation." He says, looking at me with a glint in his eyes.

I stop myself from gagging and instead look out the window. I can't believe I'm doing this. I can't believe I'm here. I close my eyes and try to stay calm.

"We're here, babe." August says, rubbing circles on my thigh.

I unbuckle and get out of the car, trying to avoid him. But once he gets out he comes to my side and snakes his arm around my waist. August pulls me forward until we face a man with a few people around him.

"Who is this tiny girl?" The man practically growls.

"This is my girlfriend, Natalie." August slips the fake name off his tongue easily.

"And why did you show her this place, Atticus?" He asks.

"She wants in. She can easily get close to Alex. It's hard for me when he hates me. But Natalie and 'meet' him and become his friend. Get best friend information."

"Wow you actually came up with a good idea. Welcome, Natalie." He says, narrowing his eyes on me.

"Glad to be a part of this." I force a smile.

"Don't screw up or else I kill you." He shrugs easily before turning and walking off.

August turns to me, chuckling. "He doesn't mean that."

He guides me back to his car. I get in and buckle up again.

"So, back to my place so we can have a bit of fun?" He looks at me before turning on the car.

"Actually I'm really tired. Can you drop me off outside the café, where we met?" I ask.

"Don't you want me to at least drive you home?" He insists.

"I'm going to grab a muffin from the café first." I give him a small smile.

"Alright." He sighs.

**

After a long, and uncomfortable, two hour ride we arrive at the café. I say a small thank you before getting out of the car, purposely leaving the daisy he had brought for me at the beginning of this "date". He drives off, not bothering to say "your welcome" or anything of the sorts. But I don't mind, as long as I'm away from him. I walk into the cafe, deciding I actually was hungry.

Walking up to the counter, I order a muffin and then sit down so others can order. I pull out my phone and I notice I have some texts from Alex and Matthew. Both of them sent many worried texts. When the workers call my name, I stand up and grab my muffin. Quickly, I try to go to Alex's while eating my muffin.

By time I arrive at his apartment door, I'm out of breath and have crumbs on my lips. I was about to knock but decided to wiggle the door handle, just in case. As if by magic, it was unlocked so I let myself in. It was mostly dark everywhere, the tv wasnt even on. I open Alexs bedroom door and find both Alex and Matthew all curled up together.

"How precious is this." I whisper to myself before snapping a picture.

But, the fun is over. I pounce on top of the two of them.

"Wakey wakey boys!" I yell.

"I hate you." Matthew mumbles from beneath me.

"I love you too, Matty." I ruffle his hair a little.

I roll off of them and smile.

"How was the date." Alex yawns and sits up.

"Horrible." I grumble.

"Well do tell." Matthew pushes a bit.

I start my story, from the beginning.

**

When I finish, I'm out of breath. I tried doing it as fast as possible, I didn't want to relive the moment. Being friends with August is exhausting and disgusting. I hated nearly every minute of it.

"How the hell do we expose August." Alex whines.

"Video?" Matthew raises his eyebrow.

We both give him a confused look.

"Follow him when he goes there and record what they say. As long as they use your name, say part of the plan and show that it is in fact August, we've got evidence."

"And you just thought of this NOW? We could have avoided putting Nadine in this goddamn situation!" Alex yells.

"Wait. No. You guys could potentially get caught. Use me. A little secret body came and tape recorder. They wouldnt suspect me." I pipe in.

"Fine but we're gonna have it set where we can also see you. I don't want you put in a dangerous situation again."

I nod, knowing if I disagreed they'd just scold me. Such a lovely thing being the baby. I just hope this works. Alex and Ethan would look super cute together.

**********

A/N This is kind of like a filler chapter. Sorry its not great ://
Updated: THANK YOU SO MUCH. Auctioned Off has 41k and Call It Off has nearly 2k!! So much support !! ♥️
**********