Chapter One

•Chapter 1•
*Alexanders POV*

I've been left home alone today while August and Ethan are at work. August suggested for me to look for apartments while they're at work. Probably because he wants his privacy, as they are getting married soon. But I don't want them to have privacy. I want to interfere.

I can't believe I left my family and my home to chase after someone who doesn't want me and is human. Though being vampire is obvious or that bad. No one, besides Ethan and my family, knows. Mostly because all the myths are lies.

You can't eat human food it makes you sick. Lie.
You can't go out in the sun, you'll burn. Lie.
You can only drink blood. Lie.
You can't see yourself in the mirror. Lie.
You can't sleep. Don't believe Twilight, like?
You sparkle in the sun. Again, Twilight.

Humans just decided to make stupid myths because they haven't been able to understand us. I can eat perfectly fine, and it keeps me energised, just like a human. I do not burn or sparkle in the sun. Our skin is more sensitive to the sun, yes, but we do not burn. I can, in fact, see myself in the mirror and I look pretty damn good, thanks. I do sleep. Who actually believes Twilight?

Sure I'm a bit pale and I seem emotionless but other than that, I seem pretty human. Which, I do feel emotions, I just try to hide them. If it weren't for having to drink at least a little blood per week, or the fangs that I can retract, and being pale I could pass as being completely human.

I am drawn out of my thoughts when I hear the door nob wiggle. The door opens and closes with a squeak. I rush down from a loft area of the apartment to find only Ethan.

"Where's August?" I ask, sitting on the bottom step.

"A friends house. He is angry with me." Ethan takes off his coat and hangs it up.

"Why?"

"You. He's upset because he wants you out of the apartment. He understands that you're my friend and you helped me but he feels you are still in love with me." Ethan sighs.

"I'm sorry." I practically whisper.

"Alexander, you can't stay here much longer."

"Are you kicking me out?" My eyes widen.

"Not kicking you out. You wanted to start a new life, you can do that. But August and I will need the bedroom upstairs for little feet, someday." Ethan comes to me and leans against the wall.

"Okay." I mumble.

"I found an apartment. It's two blocks down so you remain close, but not too close. We can secretly hang out the nights August is gone. And sometimes I will convince August to go over with me or agree to let you come over. I've talked to your mother and she said she keeps track of your card and continues transferring money onto it. I gave the owner your information. I gave him everything. The first three months of rent is already paid for. You are the owner." Ethan hands me a key, assumably to my new apartment.

I take the key and go upstairs. This happened faster than I thought. Guess I have to start packing.

"I can help you pack." Shouts Ethan from downstairs.

I ignore him. I only brought two suitcases worth of stuff. Sure I bought bed sheets and all but that can just be put into a small box with other things I've picked up in the last few weeks.

"Can you throw a box up here?" I yell downstairs.

No response. I figure he's just getting the box to throw it up here instead of worrying about responding when I'm clearly upset.

I hold the key in my hand. It is no where close to being hot but it burns in my hand. Just a reminder that I must leave. Not far, but far enough. I shove the cold metal piece into my pocket and run my hands through my hair. I can do this.

When I look to the right I see Ethan standing there with a small-ish box in his hands.

"I decided to bring it to you instead. I'd like to help." He gives me a small smile.

"I don't need help." I go to him and take the box from him as I start stripping my bed of it's sheet, pillows and blankets.

"Alex-"

I cut him off before he can continue. "Alexander."

I haven't corrected him in so long. He calls me Alexander when it's serious but I've become accustomed to him calling me Alex, instead.

"Please let me help you." He sighs.

"No." I fold the blankets and sheet and tuck them into the box.

He sits in the small chair, in the corner by the stair railing and watches me. That's better than helping I suppose. I drag out the suitcases from under the bed and put them on the bare mattress.

Opening my dresser drawers, I begin placing my folded clothes into one suitcase.

"Why won't you talk to me." Ethan says from the corner.

"What is there to say." I ask as I continue.

"I don't know." He says, quieter now.

The front doors squeaks open and close. "Ethan?"

"Up here." Ethan calls out.

August comes up the stairs and we make eye contact. He ignores me and goes to Ethan.

"Is he leaving, finally?" August asks.

"Excuse me?" I whip around to face them. Have they been planning this?

They both ignore me.

"Yes." Ethan mumbles quietly.

"Good." August smiles and kisses Ethan on the forehead before going downstairs.

I stare at Ethan, clearly annoyed. "What the hell."

Ethan gets up and pulls me into the bathroom near my room, closing the door and turning on the faucet.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"You two have been planning this?"

"August asked me a week ago. He doesn't like you.."

"Ethan I am your friend! I helped you! If I didn't buy you, you'd be dead or off getting used. You wouldn't even have met him. He should appreciate me!" I throw my hands in the air dramatically.

Before Ethan can respond the bathroom door flies open and August stares at us. This looks bad.

"Get away from my Fiancé." He says, quite angrily.

"Don't worry. I'll be far away within the hour." I say, not looking away from Ethan.

•• A/N

Again a kind of short chapter but it's been weeks since I've uploaded and it's been weeks that i've worked on this off and on. Im sorrryy ••