chapter eight

After work I drove back to the house and returned Quinn's keys to the hook by the door

"Erin?" Quinn's voice called.

"Hi." I said, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey." He stood up, walking over to hug me. "You okay?"

"I'm great." I said, releasing him and grabbing an apple.

"Oh, you talked it out with Jack and Riley?" He asked.

"Nope. I have a date with Trevor." I said, taking a big bite.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked. "How does that have anything to do with you being pissed at Jack and Riley?"

"I'm guessing they didn't tell you the story." I said.

"You walked in on them hooking up." Quinn said.

"Okay first, ew. Second, there's more to it, but I'll let the liars explain." I smiled, picking up my bag. "I have a date to get ready for."

"Are you seriously going out with Trevor?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"You sure that's not gonna make things with Jack worse?" He asked.

"Don't care." I told him before walking out the backdoor. "Filled your tank by the way." I said before jogging down the back steps into the yard and over to the guest house.

Once I was in the door I turned on the bluetooth speaker and hooked up my phone, blasting my favorite playlists and singing along. Tonight is about me and Trevor, I'm not going to let the fight with Jack and Riley bring me down. I'm excited about this date and I'm going to get ready as if there's nothing wrong right now.

I took the speaker and danced into my bedroom to pick out my outfit before showering. I decided on a blush pink spaghetti strap top with blue jeans, my black denim jacket, and air force one's. I screamed the words to the Shawn Mendes song that was on as I made my way to the bathroom and hopped in the shower. After my shower, I put my heat protectant spray through my hair before brushing the blonde waves. I secured my towel with a hair clip before I began blow drying my hair, still singing and dancing as I went. Once my hair was blown out, I brushed my teeth again, cleaned up the bathroom, and started making my way back to my room. Still in my towel, I began my simple makeup routine. Now that I had a tan from lifeguarding, all I had to do was conceal some imperfections, apply my mascara and lip gloss. Occasionally I apply highlight and a little bit of eyeshadow, and tonight was one of those nights. Just as I had finished that, I heard the front door open so I pushed my bedroom door shut. I turned up my music and continued dancing as I plugged in my curling wand. While I waited for it to heat up I got dressed and picked my jewelry.

"Erin!" Jack's voice broke through the music. "I know you hear me, open the door."

I turned the speaker up to max volume before I sat back down and started curling my hair. As I curled my hair the bangs on the door were getting louder, so I started singing louder. In between songs I could hear both Riley and Jack yelling for me.