Part 14

You were asleep when the first message came in.

Buzz. Buzz.

It didn't matter though. You were ignoring it, trying to take a nap before Tom arrived. You were looking forward to him coming over, but you had a long day on set, and he had gone in to set about midday to start filming, nearly 5 hours after you came in. Meaning today, you got off earlier than him.

And you planned to nap.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

You groaned, putting your pillow over your head, regretting not putting your phone on "Do Not Disturb."

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

You sighed, reaching over to grab the never-ending buzzing phone. You flashed the screen on and gasped when you realized how many messages you had.

Some were from friends and family back home:

'Dude you can't be serious'

'Sweetie you need to call me'

'Hahaha I can't believe it. It makes sense actually.'

'Is this true? entertainment.com/tom-holland-girlf/'

Your heart froze, fearing the worst after reading the initial messages. Then, you found the group chat with you, Tom, Ryan, and Zach.

RYAN: 'OMG YOU GUYS NEED TO GET TO MY HOUSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!'

RYAN: 'I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS???!!!! WTH'

RYAN: 'ZACH ARE YOU WITH TOM? GET HIM AWAY FROM SET RIGHT NOW.'

RYAN: 'Y/N, WHERE ARE YOU GET HERE NOW!!!!!!'

Your hands shook as you tried to figure out what was going on. You scrolled carefully toward the message with the link, having to keep pushing messages away from your screening as they continued to pour in. Finally, you clicked the link.

'INSIDER INFO: Tom Holland's relationship revealed as PR stunt after anonymous source discloses contract agreement'

You dropped your phone, standing up quickly.

"Oh my god," you muttered.

You raced into your bedroom and quickly pulled on some jeans and your shoes. You stumbled while pulling them on, and then raced back to the living room to get your cellphone. Just as you were walking out the door, keys in hand, you got a call from Tom. You answered immediately.

"Tom?"

"Y/N, where are you? Did you see the article?" he asked frantically.

"Yeah, I'm heading to my car now. Where are you?"

"Zach and I are heading to Ryan's house. Stay undercover, okay? This is nuts. It was posted 6 minutes ago, and it's already trending worldwide at number 1 on Twitter."

"Oh my gosh okay. I'll be there soon. Stay safe."

You said your goodbyes and hung up, reaching your car.

Of course, you thought. Of course. After two weeks of blissful real dating, and only one week of filming left, this just had to happen.

Even the thought of Tom made you feel happy, but you were starting to think that it might be about to get really complicated.

You managed to get to Ryan's house safely. As you pulled in, you saw that Zach's car was already in the hallway, meaning they had beaten you there. You ran inside.