Stay

The feast has been pretty uneventful. We ate outside, with tables set up across the grass, a dance floor set up and string lights overhead. It is really beautiful and looks like an outdoor wedding.

All of Carl's pack were present as well as the visiting Alphas, Luna's and Betas. Music played in the background as everyone chatted and danced. Pups skipped around, playing and dancing with each other, it was a lovely sight to watch. I loved pups, they are so free and happy. It makes me sad that I can't remember anything from my early years, however after that dream maybe I don't want to remember.

I have made an effort to speak with all of the Alphas and the Lunas that are here, some more than others, as I'd realised I'd been quite anti-social with everything going on. Most were very responsive to me, happy to engage in chit chat and share stories of our packs.

Ayoke hasn't left Carl's side since the feast started, they are so cute to watch. Neither have stopped smiling all evening. I sip my glass of champagne and watch them interact. Adorable.

A strong arm sweeps around me from behind and I press my body back into his, knowing instantly that it was Christopher. The champagne has certainly loosened me up.

"Do you mind if I sweep you away now?" He whispers seductively into my ear. I let out a soft moan as his grip tightens.

Pull yourself together woman!

My wolf brings me out of my daydream and I turn to him and nod. He takes my glass and places it on a nearby table. I pout in protest. He grins and lifts his other hand up revealing an unopened bottle of champagne and I clap like a child receiving their favourite toy. He laughs at my reaction. Maybe I have had a few too many glasses already trying to calm my nerves.

He takes my hand and we walk towards the tree line in silence. It's not uncomfortable, we are just appreciating each other's company. I see Ayoke eyeing us up in the distance and she blows me a kiss then gestures something dirty, making me blush horribly. Christopher glances over at me and smirks. Great, he saw it too.

We've been walking in the forest for 15 minutes, I'm not tired but these are not forest shoes.

"Is it much further? These shoes were not made for evening walks through the forest." I say shyly. Without speaking he picks me up bridal style causing me to burst out in the giggles.

"We're nearly there." He replies as I wrap my arms around his neck and gaze at his handsome face. I take my finger and run it over the scar that graces his perfect cheek. He flinches under my touch, his eyes slightly darkening. Shit, I shouldn't have done that. I tense knowing that I've annoyed him and look away from him.

"It's not you, sunshine. It just brings up bad memories from my past." He's holding back a growl and I sense I've killed the vibe already. Trying to save the situation, I lean in and place a light kiss over the centre of the scar. He turns to me and smiles, the anger leaving as quickly as it appeared. Leaning my chin on his shoulder, I look back at where we came from, just enjoying being held in his arms.

A few minutes later, he sets me down next to him and I squint out in the open space in front of us. There's a lake with blankets and cushions laid out next to it and candles lit around it. I turn to him with my mouth open, amazed by his thoughtful gesture. I grab his hand and pull him towards the scene set out in front of us, he chuckles at my excitement. We sit and shuffle to get comfortable and he goes to uncork the champagne he brought with him.

"Shit." He hisses.

"What's wrong?" I sit up to see if something has happened.

"I forgot glasses." He looks so annoyed at himself and I couldn't help but laugh. I take the bottle from him a tip it gently into my mouth, careful not to make a seal around the spout to cause it to fizz over. As Ayoke would say, this isn't my first rodeo. Christopher watches me in amusement.