I See You

I wake up with the sunshine glaring down in the bedroom while wrapped in a warm embrace. But it wasn't Michael's familiar scent that filled my lungs it was... Christopher.

I bolt upright, his arm flopping from my waist to my lap. I look down and realise I'm only in my underwear.

Great, just great, I'm a slut.

Christopher groans from behind me and pulls me back into a tight cuddle.

"I'm not a morning person sunshine, please don't make me get up yet." His sleepy voice sends my body into overdrive. How can he be so sexy just waking up? My body is stiff in his embrace but it soon relaxes. His breathing becomes slower as he falls back asleep. I should move out of his arms, I should get up and leave him to sleep, but I don't want to.

This mate bond has me going crazy, the guilt is swimming around my mind and body. Only yesterday I was in the arms of another man never dreaming of leaving his side, and now here I am snuggled up with my mate after only knowing him for 24 hours.

With that thought I release myself from his hold, I can't lie with him like that. Not when my heart yearns for another man. I'm so stupid.

Cursing myself, I pick up some clothes and tip toe to the bathroom. I hop into a steaming hot shower hoping it will scold away the guilt and shame I feel for my actions. Sadly it doesn't, completely changing my morning plans I decide a run might ease of some of the guilt. I dry myself off and change into khaki green leggings and a baggy white T-shirt, hurriedly throw my hair up in a ponytail and leave the bathroom.

In the bedroom Christopher is still asleep. I gaze at him, admiring his beauty before shaking myself out of it and quietly exiting the room. I make it out of the front door and onto the grass to do some stretches before I head off for my run.

I love running in human form, it's more of a challenge for me; my wolf is so fast and agile running is easy for her. In human form I have to work a little harder.

Branches tug at my clothes and hair as I breeze past. When they scratch at my skin it heals quickly, quicker than any other wolf would heal. Yet another bonus of being "The Golden One" I think. I keep running and find myself in the same clearing I was last night. It looks different in daylight but I recognise a lingering smell.

Shit! I forgot to tell Carl about the rogue I'd encountered last night. I make a mental note to tell him when I return.

I walk up to the tree line where the rogue came from to find a pool of black liquid behind the bush. It has that putrid stench to it and I could tell it came from the rogue. I decide to end my run there and head back to talk to Carl.

As I run back to the pack house, Christopher runs across the grass to meet me, eyes frantic.

"Where the hell did you go?" He's worried and a little angry. He grabs my shoulders as we meet on the field.

"I went for a run." I say coldly, shrugging him off. I don't like this possessive side to him and he senses my displeasure at his actions.

"I'm sorry, I was worried. I couldn't sense you in the pack house and I panicked. Our link hasn't been created so I couldn't call for you." He scratches at his neck awkwardly, I guess it's cute that he cares. I'm just not used to this level of... neediness.

I relax slightly and look up at him.

"I'm fine, I really can look after myself. You just haven't seen it yet." I wink at him trying to shift the tension with some light-hearted chat but he only nibbles at his lip and furrows his brow.

"Listen, about last night—" He starts to speak but I cut him off.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have invited you into the bed. It was too soon, I was just feeling vulnerable after the dream." My voice is strong and emotionless, his shoulders fall at my cold statement.