The Arrival

"Meila?"

My leg bounces up and down, my mind wandering to what this weekend would hold for us.

"M, we're here."

I sigh. Here we fucking go.

We pulled into the fancy estate, driving up what seem like a never ending driveway. Passing half-dressed wolves in their evening training sessions. I glance around, taking in my surroundings.

"They look weak." I scoff.

Michael turns to face me in the back seats of the sleek black SUV; we travel in style, of course.

"Grumpy already, darling?" He chuckles as I roll my eyes in response.

He places a reassuring hand on my thigh, knowing me well enough to pick up that my attitude was coming from my discomfort. I hated being out of my routine, having to meet new people and explaining who I was. It was an exhausting thought. There haven't been many people we have explained our situation to, but each time it has been met with confusion and a million questions. Neither of which I can be bothered with after our three hour journey.

Taking deep breaths, I try to calm the nerves bubbling away in the pit of my stomach. These things would be much easier if it was on my territory; where I feel safe.

The car starts to slow then pulls to a halt outside the large manor house. Two pack members guard the house at each side of the grand entrance, standing strong and stoic. Their eyes follow the car, faces never twitching. Once the vehicle had stopped, the smaller of the two walks down and starts to unload our bags.

Michael quickly hops out of the car and makes his way around to my door. He opens it and extends his strong hand to help me out while smiling down at me with pure love and admiration. He always is such a gentleman.

I swing my legs out of the door and place my small hand in his. He squeezes softly and rests his thumb on the top of my hand, rubbing small circles gently into my skin. I look up at him through my lashes and flash him a coy smile as he continues to gaze down at me, now with a smug look knowing his actions are calming me. Finally, he helps me out of the car and we make our way to the house entrance.

As we start to climb the stairs to the door, a large, hairy man approaches us. He stands tall and proud, his shirt barely containing his bulging muscles and his curly and light brown hair tickles at his broad shoulders.

"Alpha Michael, it's so nice to see you again. I was so sorry to hear of your father's passing."

The hairy man continues to approach us, hand out stretched to shake. I feel Michael tense next to me, a little rumbling forming in his chest. I forget these meetings and explanations must be just as frustrating for him as they are for me.

"This must be your Luna."

He finally stands before us in all his glory, hand still reaching for Michael.

Michael's eyes are dark and his fists clench by his side. The hairy man looks at him with confusion, unsure of what he has done to offend him.

If things hadn't been so fucked up, this would be a perfectly normal introduction and we would make small talk and move on.

But we're not normal. I clear my throat, ready to settle the confusion.

"Hello Alpha Carl, it's a pleasure to meet you finally." I put on my strongest voice, his confused eyes move to meet mine and his brow wrinkles almost begging me to let him in on what he's done to piss off Michael.

"My name is Meila, Alpha of the Night Shade pack."

Alpha Carl's mouth drops open slightly, shock and confusion etched across his face. He looks at Michael then again at me. His mouth closes then opens again slightly as if he was going to speak. No noise comes out, his eyes continuing to flick between the two of us.

The Golden OneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara