Chapter5

Hello everyone!

I hope you are doing well.

Here is a new chapter where you will find a nice surprise.

Enjoy!

*************

5 years later:

Aiden POV:

2 months ago was my fourteenth birthday. We had a huge party at our house and Dad made it his point to invite every single one of his associates. After all as a vampire the age of fourteen means I will start developing my strength and power. By the age of eighteen I will be a full vampire. Two weeks after the party my Dad and Uncle Stephan hosted a party at Uncle's house where we celebrated my cousin's Jack fourteenth birthday. Like mine it was a huge party and everyone was happy to attend.

At the end of this party my Dad announced the surprise he kept talking about for months. And it was really a surprise since he and Uncle announced the opening of the Salvatore's Academy for gifted kids who are fourteen and older. You can notice the sarcasm in the sentence since by gifted kids they meant vampires teenagers and other few humans who know about our existence. From the presentation we saw at the party, the school was a prestigious one and everyone would be happy to have the chance of studying there. Whether he is a vampire or not.

By the opening of this academy they intended to help the vampires still in development to control their urges and hone their infinite strength. Well, it was kind of good to be with people like you who can understand you and be happy to share a glass of blood with you. At least we can act without any restrictions or bounds.

Today is the first meeting with the staff at school. It is an assembly where the principal who is Uncle Stephan by the way will explain our schedule and the list of rules we had to follow. I woke up at 7am and wore the school's uniform which consisted of black pants, white dress shirt and black jacket with the symbol of school in red stitched on the right shoulder. It was cool and comfortable not like the itchy suits you have to wear for weddings.

I descended the stairs and went to the dining room where mom was arranging the table for breakfast. I leaned over and kissed her cheek "good morning mom." She gave me her beautiful smile and greeted back "good morning Aiden." I took my seat and waited for the rest of our family to come. Sam who was now nine years old came next and sat beside me with a grumpy look on his face. He took his plate and started filling it with food without waiting for the others. I refrained from giving him any comments to avoid fighting with him. Dad will sort him out when he comes.

Ten minutes later Dad arrived to the dining room with Amelia my three years old sister in his arm. The moment she saw me she stretched her arms towards my direction and started wriggling so Dad will put her down. I rose from my chair and took her in my arms. She hugged me tightly with her little chubby arms and gave me a sloppy kiss. I kissed her forehead and bounced her a little so I could get a giggle out of her. I took my seat with her on my lap.

"Aiden, why don't you put her on her highchair so you can eat peacefully?" Mom suggested as she came from the kitchen with a platter of scrambled eggs.

"It is okay, I don't mind her sitting with me." I smiled at Amelia who was clapping happily.

"Try to keep your clothes clean son. We don't have time for you to change if she spoils food on you." I nodded at Dad's words and started putting pancakes on my plate so I can cut them for Amelia.

The atmosphere in the room immediately changed when father's icy blue eyes landed on Sam who was nearly finished with his breakfast.

"I think someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today." Sam didn't even acknowledge father's words and continued eating which is a stupid move if you ask me. "Samuel Salvatore, I suggest you look up at me this moment because I am losing my patience." Dad growled between clenched teeth.