Chapter 9

I make a dash down the street, and transform on the run, fuck the clothes I'm wearing!

I head back into the woods, unsure of where my destination is. I just keep running.

I eventually make my way down to the border, a few wolfs are on patrol, they don't dare ask me what I'm up too, they are of lower rank than me, and cant stop me even if they tried. Not many wolves can out power me, I've even pinned my uncle a few times in training.

I carry on running till I find our lake with a beautiful waterfall, gushing straight into it. I sit down on the bank just in front of it, and begin to relax. Nature really can't get much better than this, it's an amazing place, and can do wonders for calming the nerves. It's just you and nature.

*crack*

Fine just me, nature and Thomas, he really needs to work on his stealth skills, I'm sure standing on a twig isn't in the creeping manual.

He comes along side me, and just sits next to me; he knows that there's not much to be said, but atlas he tried anyway, by communicating through our wolves.

"Take it, it didn't go so well?"

My wolf sighs and looks down into the lake

"You can say that again"

I lay down, I've had a tiring day and need a rest, after last time though, there will be no power naps.

Thomas looks over to me, to see what I'm doing, he eyes the back of my neck looking horrified, then goes back to a calm manner before commenting on what he's seen.

"I take it that's why I haven't seen your wolf for over a year"

I lean to the side, I don't want to look at him right now, and he knows how I got the scars on the back of my neck. My wolf was a beautiful chestnut colour, before I got the hideous white markings, from scaring. I rarely shift near anyone now because of it.

He lies down next to me, putting his head over my back trying to comfort me; he's always been such a good friend to me. We sit in this position for a couple of minutes before he gets up and signals back the direction from which we came.

"Come on, its way past my beauty sleep time, your more than welcome to stay in my room tonight with me"

I get up and nod thanking him.

We calmly jog back to the pack house, as we make our way to the back door, I can see that Thomas has already sorted out a pile of clothes for myself and him. He walks off with his to find somewhere to transform back and get dressed, while I do the same.

We both come back out at the same time, he opens the back door for me to walk in. we have to walk round quietly due to the fact its late, and we don't want to disturb anyone who is a sleep. We make our way up to his room, which again he opens for me to go in. Gosh, he can be such a gentleman at times. He closes the door very quietly behind us.

"I take it your having the right side of the bed?"

He signals to the bed while talking.

"Yeah, damn right I am"

We both let out a giggle, he must remember where last time I pushed him out the bed because he tried to get there first, after I clearly told him its mine regardless of if its his bed or mine, he was just trying to make a joke out of it, but it really didn't work in his favour.

I walk over and sit down on the bed and begin taking my shoes off. I peek over my shoulder and see that Thomas is doing the same, I slide my trousers off and pull the 'right' side of the cover back and jump in, snuggling in for the night. He's my best friend, so I trust him to behave himself during the night like he always has, so sleeping in underwear with a t-shirt on, doesn't bother me.

We both look to each other, giving each other a smile, and then giving each other a fist bump, just before going off to sleep.